Fred

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I remember those 'sleepy days' too! Sometimes Pete used to even sleep through his Lunch and other times he was 'sleeping eating':confused: I've no idea why he was so changeable; in his case case it didn't appear to be the heat as he was always cold.

Take care Everyone.

Love,

Lyn T XX

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Thanks Di and Lyn. You are right Di. I must be grateful things as they are and not anticipate the worst. Think I just got into the habit of doing that in the past. Love to you both xxx

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Hope it is just a phase Verity. My OH sleeps a great deal these days. I thought perhaps it would get a bit better with the summer but doesn't seem to make much difference. If I try to get him up earlier he seems to get quite confused.
Hope your Open Day goes well and the excitement wakes everybody up a bit!! Lots of love, Es
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Fred's CH has been closed again since Thursday as a resident has scabies. Luckily it seems to be only the one case this time and they hope to reopen on Tuesday. Had baked cakes and quiches for their supposed open day on Friday!! so took it down and dropped off at the door for them all to, hopefully, enjoy. Fingers crossed for Tuesday. xx

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Fred's CH has been closed again since Thursday as a resident has scabies. Luckily it seems to be only the one case this time and they hope to reopen on Tuesday. Had baked cakes and quiches for their supposed open day on Friday!! so took it down and dropped off at the door for them all to, hopefully, enjoy. Fingers crossed for Tuesday. xx

Sorry to hear that Verity but I am sure they will love and enjoy your cakes and quiches . Will cross my fingers also for you for Tuesday xxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Fred's CH reopened on Monday but decided not to drive to what is a popular holiday resort on a Bank Holiday so went yesterday. He was a bit sleepy but quite contented. Took tomato plants for growbag and begonias for a tub and Fred supervised my planting. Hope all gets a chance to grow

disi

Aug 4, 2014
Ex pat living in Sweden
Fred's CH reopened on Monday but decided not to drive to what is a popular holiday resort on a Bank Holiday so went yesterday. He was a bit sleepy but quite contented. Took tomato plants for growbag and begonias for a tub and Fred supervised my planting. Hope all gets a chance to grow

Hi Verity, so pleased Fred seemed contented and helped with the planting. Good to hear from you love dis xx

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon

Missing the bank holiday sounds like a good idea Verity, we never go anywhere because of the crowds. Glad that Fred was happy during your visit. You're so busy with your garden and the CH, hope everything grows well. Love, Es
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Off to visit Fred shortly after missing the weekend due to traffic. Will go on Mon, Wed and Thurs during the summer period as M5 traffic is horrendous during summer months. Had a really weepy moment in Church yesterday. When our Rector gave me the wafer during communion she put her hand on mine and blessed me and mine. For some reason, although she usually does that, it really hit me what has happened and I was filled with grief. Am really emotional still but why, after 11 months and thinking I was doing so well?

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Off to visit Fred shortly after missing the weekend due to traffic. Will go on Mon, Wed and Thurs during the summer period as M5 traffic is horrendous during summer months. Had a really weepy moment in Church yesterday. When our Rector gave me the wafer during communion she put her hand on mine and blessed me and mine. For some reason, although she usually does that, it really hit me what has happened and I was filled with grief. Am really emotional still but why, after 11 months and thinking I was doing so well?

Hugs Verity , it is emotionally because you love Fred so much and even though the brave face is on, kindness brings it all out . Much much love xxxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

disi

Aug 4, 2014
Ex pat living in Sweden

Oh Verity, You are in my thoughts, and hope your visit to Fred will be a happy one. Lots of love xxxxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Am really emotional still but why, after 11 months and thinking I was doing so well?

It`s a false sense of security Verity which can only be sustained for a certain time. I`m in a similar state only in my case it is 17 months after losing my husband.

Have the best visit.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Verity-I'm so sorry that a simple act bought about your tears; you HAVE done very well-so don't you go giving yourself a hard time! I had a right weepy yesterday as a friend of mine told me she had a shock when out shopping. She thought (for a minute) that she had seen Pete but it was someone who looked like him. She was crying, I was crying. We both looked pretty bad:eek: Anything can bring the tears on-try to accept that will happen occasionally, as will the smiles when you have good visits or remember happy times. Let's face it-we are all over the place emotionally.

Love,

Lyn T XX

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Verity-I'm so sorry that a simple act bought about your tears; you HAVE done very well-so don't you go giving yourself a hard time! I had a right weepy yesterday as a friend of mine told me she had a shock when out shopping. She thought (for a minute) that she had seen Pete but it was someone who looked like him. She was crying, I was crying. We both looked pretty bad:eek: Anything can bring the tears on-try to accept that will happen occasionally, as will the smiles when you have good visits or remember happy times. Let's face it-we are all over the place emotionally.

Love,

Lyn T XX
This is true.
In the few weeks before William went to full time care, one of the things that used to set me off was watching wild life documentaries! Seeing say, wolves hunting their prey - I just wasn't able for it, to see the poor elk or whatever it was, chased like that until it was too weak to go any further, and see it brought down! I know it's nature, and it's how they survive etc. But it was just an emotional response - to the weak being brought down I suppose. Every time anything was "caught" - by wolves, lions, even by a hawk - I would end up in floods of tears! Haven't watched any wildlife documentaries since William's been in care!
At the moment, all anyone has to do is say "How are things?" and I'm off!

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Just to say I'm shedding tears with all of you for whatever reason - especially thinking of you who still visit your loved ones - I so wish I could just go back to the NH one time and find my boy charging up and down the corridor causing chaos as he did in the early days last year. Loving thoughts WIFE (Di)

disi

Aug 4, 2014
Ex pat living in Sweden
Just to say I'm shedding tears with all of you for whatever reason - especially thinking of you who still visit your loved ones - I so wish I could just go back to the NH one time and find my boy charging up and down the corridor causing chaos as he did in the early days last year. Loving thoughts WIFE (Di)

My heart goes out to you Wife. Sending lots of love disi x

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
I'm sorry to have whined, Di, when I know I'm so lucky to have Fred still. I think I was suddenly overwhelmed by this big hole in my life and lack of purpose. Can only imagine how you must feel. Big hugs. Verity xx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
You were not whining Verity. I don’t think you ever get used to it, just learn to live with it - or around it - that big hole in your life. It is 4 years past last Saturday since Henry went into the care home, and that big black hole still opens up before me. Often at a least expected time; or some simple thing.

Yes we are lucky our men are still here, so many have lost their other half and like you I can only imagine their depths of grief, and ache for them.

Thank you Di for your generosity of heart.

Love and warm hugs
Loo xxx