GPS trackers

Keiran

May 20, 2015
Hi all, i'd be surprised if this has not been discussed already but if anyone has either personal experiences of the above devices, links to good online reviews or can signpost me to a previous discussion thread on the topic, that would be great, ta.

Keiran

sallyan

Jun 1, 2015
Looking for a suitable device

I have just joined the forum because my parents, who both have dementia, have taken to wandering off. This scares me considerably and so I have read the below threads about related articles. I am doing a lot of research about the options, because some are clearly not suitable. If I find any more useful info, I will post it. In the mean time, I pray for heavy rain everyday to keep them inside.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
I now have a GPS tracker round my husband's neck as well as his mobile phone in a pouch round his neck. He went missing for ten hours last week so I am hoping if this happens again we will be able to find him.

I try to go out with him all the time but he is quite determined and every now and again he is off.

My son in law tested it out with us and it seems efficient. Total cost about £200. No additional costs apart from topping up phone credit.

Pippa55

Jun 3, 2015
London
I now have a GPS tracker round my husband's neck as well as his mobile phone in a pouch round his neck. He went missing for ten hours last week so I am hoping if this happens again we will be able to find him.

I try to go out with him all the time but he is quite determined and every now and again he is off.

My son in law tested it out with us and it seems efficient. Total cost about £200. No additional costs apart from topping up phone credit.

Hello - would you mind telling me the name and make of the tracker you bought. I am looking at getting one for my dad.
Many thanks.
Philippa

*123*

Oct 5, 2015
Hello - would you mind telling me the name and make of the tracker you bought. I am looking at getting one for my dad.
Many thanks.
Philippa

Hi

W got one for my gran it's called buddi

Many thanks

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Sorry I hadn't noticed this request. I simply googled GPS Tracker and got a firm based in Devon which supplied that sort of thing. It doesn't seem to have a name other than GPS. We have had a few issues with it but it does its job and they are quick to answer emails should you need help.

doodlerdude

Dec 24, 2013
GPS Tracker

I have a GPS personal tracker for my dad(he wanders regularly)that fits on his keys as it looks like a car fob key ring. It's amazing & worth every penny as its saved his life at least once! It has a sim card in & we enter his number on our phone as a 'contact' & we text to find his precise location via google maps on our phone,it has various functions as you can ring the tracker to talk to whoever, it has an SOS button . you can set geo fencing so if the person goes outside of the pre set safe zone it will alert you, it has motion detection, fall detection. Its an amazing gadget & invaluable for us. personalgpstrackers.co.uk will give you an insight into the tracker.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976