Forward Ho!

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
I feel personally that the Minister should not really have commented on the choice of another - but humans are funny beings - even Ministers. Hoping things are peaceful for William and you, LadyA. Always thinking of you both WIFE

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I am sure it won't be the only comment made! I have spent some time this afternoon picking a few hymns, because there was just one that I was sure of - "Lift your glad voices." for the line "for Jesus is risen and man shall not die." William was, most of his life, a travelling minister - one of those who would sweep in to a congregation, preach every evening for a week, twice on the Sunday and sweep off to the next place - always leaving that congregation very uplifted and encouraged. He understood the grief of those left behind when someone dies, but he believed that for a Christian themselves, death was nothing - so I don't want mournful dirges at his funeral. As we didn't attend his church the last few years (William because he couldn't, and I because I go elsewhere) I thought it would be nice if he could, once more at this time, sort of "sweep in" and leave them even a little encouraged, even if just by a little more uplifting music than would be expected at a funeral. Does that make sense? I will also be talking to his son in law who is preaching the funeral sermon about this - and I know he will understand exactly what I mean, as he understood William well.

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
He sounds like an amazing man LadyA, I love the poem and will write it out to keep. I'm glad you have such a faith to comfort you. Love, Es
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rathbone

May 17, 2014
West Sussex
It makes perfect sense LadyA. I am holding you both in the Light and sending my always loving thoughts for you and for William for peace and gentleness in this last stage of his earthly journey. Take the greatest possible care of yourself now, do you hear? X Shelagh:)

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
It makes perfect sense LadyA. I am holding you both in the Light and sending my always loving thoughts for you and for William for peace and gentleness in this last stage of his earthly journey. Take the greatest possible care of yourself now, do you hear? X Shelagh:)

Shelagh! I was only wondering the other day how you are getting on, and if you were home from your travels! How are you, and how are things chez Rathbone?:)

I am off to my bed. I have work in the morning. I've been on to William's son in law and eldest son by email, discussing things. They are both on board, and being helpful.:)

Rathbone

May 17, 2014
West Sussex
Don't hang about then. We'll catch up soon. Have a lovely time in Devon, which I am assuming is a holiday? I hope I haven't got that wrong as yours is a thread I have yet to find again. X Shelagh

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Don't hang about then. We'll catch up soon. Have a lovely time in Devon, which I am assuming is a holiday? I hope I haven't got that wrong as yours is a thread I have yet to find again. X Shelagh

Oh Shelagh how lovely to see you on here again :) welcome back from your travels :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Good morning LadyA , glad family is on board. William having been a travelling minister to uplift congregation sounds lovely . Wishing you a peaceful day , much love to you both xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Does William understand, LadyA, and assist with the planning? What a lovely, interesting man he is.xx

No he doesn't, not at this stage Verity. He had talked about things over a period of time, several years ago. Just a remark, here and there.