Dementia Friends.

53sharon

Jan 14, 2013
Hi everyone id like to talk to anyone who has vascular dementia or lewy body dementia as iv never spoke to anyone .
Im Sharon and im 56 years old . I was diagnosed with vascular dementia and lewy body dementia about 1 and half maybe 2 years ago. It affects my speech and balance mostly. I do have times when I forget who people are and times when I go back in time. I have a large family. Some understand more then others.

Id love to hear from anyone.

Sharon x.

Last edited:

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Sharon you are in the right place, whether suffering from dementia or a carer , everyone is here. My dad has mixed so vascular/alz and was diagnosed 2008 after his stroke in 06.
Welcome to TP

balloo

Sep 21, 2013
northamptonshire
Hi my mother in law age 76 has Vascular dementia diagnosed 21/2 years ago but we could see something wrong over 6 yrs ago but she would not have it. She has moved in with us for 21/2 yrs ago.She would not be safe on her own cannot cook or make drinks .Please watch out for infections she has had 3 UTi 's so far 1 of which she ended up in hospital for 3 nights .I would suggest getting all the help they offer although we have ot had any as of yet as never been offered it .I have had to cut my working hrs to look after her eve working from home. And good luck

53sharon

Jan 14, 2013
Hi Kjn,
Thank you for your kind e-mail. Hope you and your dad are well?

Sharon x.

Sharon you are in the right place, whether suffering from dementia or a carer , everyone is here. My dad has mixed so vascular/alz and was diagnosed 2008 after his stroke in 06.
Welcome to TP

53sharon

Jan 14, 2013
Hi Balloo,
Thank you for opening up about your mother in law. Its nice to know there are still people who care about there family. You are quite right there is not another help out there for people with Dementia and there carers. I find if I get any help all they ask is what do I want them to do for us. But they never say what they can do. Thank you again for e-mailing me.

Sharon x .

gingerly

May 26, 2015
Hi Sharon,
Just wanted to say, keep the faith. Have had Vascular Dementia & Alz. since I was 59 I am 70 and have only very few indications. I had Cat Scan with dye around the brain 4 MRI's Tested at a Alzheimer Facility, and have a neurologist, and they all confirm. The only ones that don't are friends and relatives. I can't spell anymore I use dictionary, my computer also, respells for me. The only problems I have are, counting, math, reading, stuttering when I talk, trying to find a word, thinking when someone asks me something and has no time for my answer. I am so frustrated. Oh by the way I am 70 so if you rather not have someone my age. I am on 2 meds for 12 years. nice to read your. post. Gingerly

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Hi Sharon,
Just wanted to say, keep the faith. Have had Vascular Dementia & Alz. since I was 59 I am 70 and have only very few indications. I had Cat Scan with dye around the brain 4 MRI's Tested at a Alzheimer Facility, and have a neurologist, and they all confirm. The only ones that don't are friends and relatives. I can't spell anymore I use dictionary, my computer also, respells for me. The only problems I have are, counting, math, reading, stuttering when I talk, trying to find a word, thinking when someone asks me something and has no time for my answer. I am so frustrated. Oh by the way I am 70 so if you rather not have someone my age. I am on 2 meds for 12 years. nice to read your. post. Gingerly

I feel the same Sharon like gingerly
I am 60 simiiar problems to gingerly VasD and cognitive impairment
It's frustrating but I am doing everything I can to keep it at bay!
My balance is affected too and I cant drive anymore