Mum passed away this afternoon

J2e

Apr 24, 2015
Brighton
I still have the dissolving into tears thing when somebody says something nice to me. And the "you were a good daughter" gets me every time.

Jane (11 weeks on)

Thank you all for your kind words. The hospital won't certify the death as they are sure it was the liver problem and not the Alzheimer's that caused mum's death. I am told it may be past to the coroner and a post mortem will have to be done. Meanwhile I am carrying in in a numb state I feel very indifferent as if none of this is happening to me. then someone says something nice to me and I end up in tears. I keep telling myself this is not how it was supposed to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

1953barney

Nov 5, 2013
Suffolk
Finally had mums funeral today, I seem to have been in a bubble since she passed away on the 15th April. It just didn't seem real not having had the funeral before. it was a lovely service at the crematorium with my family, my local vicar was very good.
The funeral director gave my two grandsons a packet of forget-me-not seeds so they can plant them in memory of their great grandma plus he gave the eldest one a rosebud out of the family flowers, he is 11 years old and said he was going to press it and then do some artwork on paper and attach the flower to remember his great grandma.

Finally when we returned back to my home my son told me that they were expecting another baby!!! So lots of tears, sad and happy ones.

I would just like to say a big thank you to all you lovely members of talking point who although you are going through your own trials have got me through some very dark moments. Love Trish xxxx

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Thank you all for your kind words. The hospital won't certify the death as they are sure it was the liver problem and not the Alzheimer's that caused mum's death. I am told it may be past to the coroner and a post mortem will have to be done. Meanwhile I am carrying in in a numb state I feel very indifferent as if none of this is happening to me. then someone says something nice to me and I end up in tears. I keep telling myself this is not how it was supposed to be.

I'm so sorry to read about your mum. It is such a difficult time.

I was in the same position when my husband died just before your mum. (9th April). The Gp refused to sign because Roger had gone to the hospital, but the hospital doctors weren't sure of the cause of death, so we too got caught up in the post Mortem. In one way, I was pleased because I knew the true cause of his death, not what I was told originally.

I'm pleased the funeral went well and that you received some lovely news too.

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
Life is such a mixture of happy/sad isn't it? Sorry for your loss, the delayed funeral as well. I'm glad it all went well in the end. The packet of forget-me-not seeds is a grand idea. And now something for you to look forward to with the good news of the coming baby. Wishing you courage for the tough times and smiles to come.

Sue.

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
So sorry to read your news Barney. I'm glad the funeral went well today though....and how wonderful to be expecting another grandchild :) Life is so up and down, isn't it?

Wishing you peace and strength

Lindy xx

CCM2013

Feb 7, 2013
London
Sending big hugs - it's such a terrible wrench losing a parent. I lost my dad on the 5th - still feels very raw, but am assured it will get easier... X

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanetR