Husbands NDE

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I feel that Roger is still with me in so many ways. My belief is helped by the poem read at his funeral called I Live On.

I died but did not leave you.

I am here, and have not gone.

Though my spirit left my body don't be sad, for I live on.

My love is all around you.

Can you feel it? Can you see?

That gentle breeze upon your face
is not the wind...but me.

I'm the song of the birds
when spring is in the air.

I'm the roses in a garden.

You can find me everywhere.

Whenever you are missing me, look up to heaven's skies.

I'm the twinkle in the stars.
I'm the sunset, and sunrise.

I'm a raindrop and a rainbow.

I'm the ocean's waves of blue;

So everywhere you go you'll know, I live on, loving you.

Witzend

Aug 29, 2007
SW London
Well confession time:) A couple of weeks ago I was fretting and I walked from the Kitchen to the sitting room and I could sense Pete; I couldn't see anything it just felt as though he was there. I stopped worrying and I felt warm as though I had just been given one of Pete's bear hugs-I didn't feel anything either-I just knew it was him. I'm not cracking up-I just believe:)

My mother was always desperate for some sign from my father. But there was nothing at all until a few years after he died. She had been driving home from my sister's with my aunt in the car - not a good idea on a long journey since they had a very volatile relationship (often sniping at each other to put it bluntly) so there was often tension between them.
Not far from my sister's house they had bad accident, the car absolutely written off, though nobody really hurt and my mother terribly upset and shaken. But she swore blind that while she was sitting alone in my sister's house afterwards, she saw my father very clearly. He crossed the room and sat beside her on the sofa. She found it a very great comfort. There was never anything else as far as I am aware, bit that was enough for her.

Amber 3

Feb 4, 2015
South Devon
Thank you so much for all the replies to this post. I hesitated to bring up the subject as I was afraid it may offend some people as everyone has different beliefs. I have been so moved by the positive experiences some of you have had after losing a loved one. If you believe, it does give hope that we do live on after our so called "death" and that we are always close to the ones we had a strong connection with in this life.
Must just add that after my father died I was inundated with white feathers, they seemed to be everywhere, even appearing on the front doorstep the day of the funeral.
The feathers appeared for quite a while after my fathers death then suddenly stopped.
May be a coincidence and perhaps I was more aware at that time but I like to think it was Dad's way of letting me know he was OK and he was still around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan