completing COP forms

SteveElliott

Apr 15, 2015
My uncle and aunt have been in a care home since September after he had a stroke.
She has dementia which he had got very good at disguising.
The care home bills are unpaid and are mounting up!!!
I got the LPA paperwork done on his behalf but when I approached his bank to ask for access to their account the bank said as the main account is a joint account the need the paperwork for her as well.
As she has dementia that has to be a COP application.

Can anyone advise me on wording for the question
Please state the matter you want the court to decide?
and
Please state the order are you asking the court to make?

Early riser

Mar 16, 2014
Yorkshire
Hi welcome to talking point.

1 Whether (their full name) is able to make decisions regarding property and affairs.

2 To appoint (your full name) as deputy to manage affairs and sell (the full address of the property)

That's all you need, you don't need to itemise bank details in this part of the application form.

Best wishes

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I used very similar wording

1 - I want the Court to make the decision that (Mums full name) lacks the capacity to manage her own affairs

2 - I would like the Court to make an order to appoint myself (my full name) as a deputy of the Court with responsibility for managing the affairs of my mother (her full name) including the sale of her house (full address)

You can always phone the Court Enquiry Service on 0300 456 4600 with problems. I have found them helpful.

Egeon

Oct 12, 2012
When I applied for deputyship, and phoned the CoP they were very helpful