A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Thank you Helen and Sylvia for your interesting posts about your day out. Wonderful to be taken to places off the tourist route with only Indian tourists, and mingle with the ordinary people there. Also that Helen has had conversations in Hindi with so many people, I can imagine the delightful faces.

Thanks Sylvia for telling us about meeting the children, and how enjoyable for them, as well as you.

Govind sounds a gem, how fortunate you met him and he has looked after you so well. Also most interesting to tell each other about your lives. His sounds a hard life and how well he has done concerning his children.

Helen, I’m so happy for you that you have felt so well and had no health problems, and benefitted from the sunlight. Unless real Spring suddenly arrives the weather back home will be a bit of a shock. Yesterday I awoke to snow on our nearby hills, and more is forecast for parts of Scotland over the weekend, also fierce winds. Although they have been on going this month, detracting from the sunnier spells. Perhaps it will be better in England.

I hope you enjoy your tomorrow in Rishikesh - and your massages - and look forward to your posts.

Incase I’m online late (the time difference), have a goodish journey to Delhi; at least you know what to expect this time after your first hair raising experience! :eek::eek: Seasoned travellers now! :):)

Truly lovely and enjoyable to read all you have written and shared with us. Uplifting, so many different experiences. You do sound the perfect companions and that is precious.

Many thoughts and much love
Loo xxx

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Will be imagining you tomorrow and your Marigold Hotel journey to Delhi! It's been lovely of you to share your happy times so generously, and I feel more peaceful just for reading about them. What a wonderful place you found, and lovely people, and those feelings of peace will stay with you, I'm sure.

Wrap up warm for the English spring when you emerge from the airport! It's a good time to be coming back, daffodils and birdsong and let's hope some warm sunshine...and not a monkey in sight!

Bon voyage!

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
I've enjoyed your posts so much Sylvia and Helen, I normally read them while having my breakfast and look forward to reading about your adventures and seeing the wonderful photographs.

I hope you have a safe journey tomorrow and back home, love xxxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks everyone.

It's 2.30am here and I've been awake for ages. I think I'm getting ready for UK time.

We still have one final day in Rishikesh and one final massage before we head to Delhi tomorrow morning.

I hope you all have a good nights sleep, better than I'm having tonight.

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
I too want to thank you for sharing your journey with us

I hope your journey to Delhi won't be too exhausting

You have described your experiences so well I feel that I have been there with you:)

This afternoon was warmer than of late and it was wonderful to see the lambs in the fields and the violets peeping through on the grass verges.

Today was a 2 sweet walk which is a very long one! I think my sugar level drops and I get a bit shaky but now I carry aldi's low calorie sweets with me and it helped me on my journey.

Just to prove I was there I took a selfie!

Can't wait to see the rest of your photo's and videos

Attachments

• mwe.jpg
    mwe.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 391

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Sarah you are a tease. :D

You look as if you have really stretched your legs with all that walking. :rolleyes:

It's wonderful to think we're coming home to a clear blue sky.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Safe journey, both.
Sad to leave but, as Sarah has said, a nice time to return home, my favourite of the year.
Warm and sunny days to look forward to.
We may not get many of them but we can always hope.
Thank you again, I've enjoyed it so much. xxx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Thank you:)

Exactly 3 years ago I was in my hammock and Martin was in his sun chair. It was really hot. How do I know? Because Facebook told me and put the picture on Facebook that I shared 3 yrs ago. There is room for hope;)

Love

Dibs

Jun 19, 2009
Hampshire
I hope you both have an enjoyable last day and relaxing massages in readiness for your journey home.
I too have really enjoyed reading about your experiences and seeing the photos.
Wishing you both a safe journey home.
Dibs (Deborah) xx:)

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Hello lovely ladies. I'm feeling quite sad that your wonderful time in India will soon be over; I've so enjoyed reading your posts. It was like having a little bit of sunshine every day. Please travel carefully.

Love,

Lyn T XX

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I wondered whether you all realise that you all enhanced our India experience? It is very generous of spirit to show such an interest in our trip. Then I realise that's what makes Talking Point unique:)

This morning I have packed my big case. It feels much heavier than it did when we arrived:eek:. I have had to give two fleece tops to the staff because there is no room for them. One is a Wierd Fish one so someone will be fortunate;)

I have just returned from my Ayurvedic massage and it was superb. I want to take him back to England with me:D. Sylvia is having her treatment now. We will then have a leisurely brunch before taking our last tuk tuk ride to find an ATM machine so we have money enough to tip all our hotel staff for taking good care of us.

I will miss my morning routine here. First thing I do is open the balcony door and soak in the view and the sounds. I then sit on the balcony with a glass of hot lemon and mint. I usually email my daughter. She loves me writing to her and she saves my email until she is completely relaxed, over breakfast, in order to read it. I then read TP and Facebook to catch up with my friends and family.

I have been trying to capture some photographs of the birds here. I have only managed to capture one. I'm sure they see me aiming my camera at them and then fly away:rolleyes: When I get home I will put a link on here with the photos from my camera. They are much better than the ipad photos.

Even though I am now excited about going home I have a very fond feeling for India. I love this part of India which is surrounded by forest, mountains and jungle. The people, many of whom are from Tibet, are splendid and it will be sad to say goodbye.

Love

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Enjoy the final part of your adventure. I will really miss you news from India and will have to make do with all the pictorial detail I am sure you have to share on your return home.

pony-mad

May 23, 2014
Mid-Wales
Dear Helen and Sylvia, feeling a little bit sad that my daily fix of spirituality, tuk tuks, monkeys and massages will be coming to an end. You have lifted my spirits, widened my horizons and filled my grey days with colour, sights, sounds and a deep sense of peace. Thank you.
Have a safe trip home.
Love G x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Thank you for sharing your journey, it has been so interesting. I have never visited India and am unlikely to do so but it has given me a unique and interesting insight. I am glad it has been so positive for you both and I can't believe how the pictures of each of you throughout have gradually shown changes to where you now look positively blooming! It's a pleasure to see. Safe travels and hope your happy memories continue to delight and empower you for a long time xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It's till not over yet,I'm going to squeeze the last ounce of experience out of this trip.

The massage was wonderful. The masseuse was asking me what I have to go home to. I told him I live by myself but my son lives very near and will meet me. I thanked him for contributing to the improvement in my fitness and said I'm going to search for ayurvedic treatment when I get home.

Helen had already told his boss she wants to take him home with her and the masseuse said he would like to come to England. If he did he would make a fortune. He has fingers like steel , as well as a gentle touch and really does know what he is doing.

We had lunch in the taverna and are now resting until it's cooler.

We still have the journey to Delhi and an evening and overnight stay to add to our adventure.

You thank us but we really do thank everyone who has encouraged us to post. Half the fun is sharing and where better to share it than here.

Dhiren has felt very close to me here. All the stories he used to tell me have come to life , even more on this holiday than on my previous ones with him.

When we came together, the first time was one year before diagnosis and the second time one year after diagnosis. We came with an over 50s travel company and most of my time was spent ensuring Dhiren was managing the travel, the outings, the company and the orientation.
This time , with Helen , it has been as relaxed as could be . We have considered each other , but on equal terms, and the fact Helen knew Dhiren has enabled her to share my emotion.

flowerpot

Jul 27, 2010
Rural North Northumberland
Dear Sylvia and Helen, thank you both so much for your daily journals of your lovely, wonderful time in India.
You have both written about your time and activities so well and helped me to imagine all the wonderful sounds, places and people.
Hoping that you both enjoy your last day and have a very safe journey home. xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.