Saying things that are not true

stu100

Feb 4, 2015
Birmingham
Mr nan had started saying things that are not true and hasn't happened. She didn't want to go to the day centre so I sed she did not have to when thay come to the door she told em i tried to make her go. And when the afternoon career come to give her lunch she told em i don't do anything for her and hadn't done her coffee and toast this morning adivece plz.

Sianey

Mar 23, 2015
Yorkshire
Your nan

Aww that's hard on you as you obviously do the best you can and must try to remember that. My mam does the same but I have now grown a bit more of a thick skin to compensate I know what I do and so does my husband, same as people who are close to you will know.

Summerheather

Feb 22, 2015
Aww that's hard on you as you obviously do the best you can and must try to remember that. My mam does the same but I have now grown a bit more of a thick skin to compensate I know what I do and so does my husband, same as people who are close to you will know.

My Mum wouldn't go to bed once because she thought the Russians were coming. Another time she wanted me to send some flowers to a murder victim on TV - she has always loved Agatha Christie, but now gets them confused with what is real and isn't.

I was behind someone in the chemist once and their Mum had recently told them they were in the CIA.

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
Hi Stu, it is so frustrating that we cannot live in the people we care for "world" can only say unless there is something that can cause real harm,to go with the flow,in their mind what they say is the truth and not want you see or is really going on:eek: am I right in guessing it's just you(plus carers) that are looking after nan? If so please have a chat with her GP informing them of the changes that are happening to her,maybe there is more practical help or medication that may help her, you are doing the best that is possible and it must be so hard for a younger person to take on-at times such an unfriendly and unpredictable illness, it is so heartbreaking and we all need so much support in order to keep on caring, I hope you feel supported here and that more help is available for your nan.
Take care and please keep posting
Chris

1953barney

Nov 5, 2013
Suffolk
My mum had a large bruise on her shoulder where she had either banged it during one of her many falls into thr carpet or against the door as she was going through. She said to the carer the other night that she was going to tell people the her daughter had done it. I was standing there as well. Fortunately the carers know I wouldn't do that but she did say to mum you will be getting your daughter into trouble if you keep saying things like that which aren't true. Mum just thought it was funny!!. Yesterday when the burial of Richard the 3rd was on the news mum said that's him who asked me to help him, so I said he was a King at the battle of Boswell. She said I know that's when he wanted me to help him. Plus she says I have never treated her like a mother. It's very hard sometimes and so frustrating but then again it's not really my mum as she was either.

Sianey

Mar 23, 2015
Yorkshire
My Mum wouldn't go to bed once because she thought the Russians were coming. Another time she wanted me to send some flowers to a murder victim on TV - she has always loved Agatha Christie, but now gets them confused with what is real and isn't.

I was behind someone in the chemist once and their Mum had recently told them they were in the CIA.

Lol. I've had quite a few brilliant jobs according to my mam, surgeon, carer, the list goes on.

Zuzu72

Mar 19, 2015
Can't say anything to make you feel better, it's just part of the condition. My mum's spent the afternoon complaining that her keys are broken because they have rough edges! It's sometimes very hard to remember the person that your relative was before, you just have to try & hold on to those moments when they happen.

Witzend

Aug 29, 2007
SW London
Among other things, my mother often insisted that she had seen my daughter on TV reading the news. And any country that was ever mentioned on TV, she had been there - Ethiopia, Kazakhstan, you name it. I soon gave up saying, 'Er, I don't think so.' Instead I'd say, 'Oh, yes, was it nice?'
The answer was invariably, "I can't remember.'
(And I would have a job not to laugh.)

Delphie

Dec 14, 2011
Among other things, my mother often insisted that she had seen my daughter on TV reading the news. And any country that was ever mentioned on TV, she had been there - Ethiopia, Kazakhstan, you name it. I soon gave up saying, 'Er, I don't think so.' Instead I'd say, 'Oh, yes, was it nice?'
The answer was invariably, "I can't remember.'
(And I would have a job not to laugh.)

So like my mum.

She also went through a phase of saying that she was proficient in whatever language. She'd then go to speak it, pause, and give up. It didn't bother her, thank goodness, and I'd just say something like well, it must be ages since you last had to use it, so you're bound to be rusty. That kind of 'lying' comes so easily these day, it's actually quite shocking!

stu100

Feb 4, 2015
Birmingham
Thank you all for your reply and kind words I dusted my seal down then just got on with it peple just don't realise how hard it is this site is brilliant cos people on heare understand.

stu100

Feb 4, 2015
Birmingham
Chris 53 I have spoke to the memory clinic and her gp my arnt spoke to careers thay sed we have met your mom and mysealf and thay sed we know it's not true cos she is happy at home with him at the moment it's SS we have had the financial assessment and now waiting for a a new privder to take over