Wheee! Highlight of the day

117katie

Now I know why I fell in love with you Sue!

Grrrr! is something I repeatedly have to type ... except that when it goes to Australia in an email, it becomes Ggggggrrrrrrr!!!!

Katie at the end of a Good Day, nay, a Good Week!

Kate P

Jul 6, 2007
Merseyside
My dad had a lovely birthday weekend (although mum opened all his presents and cards except the ones we managed to salvage!).

Took mum bowling and she beat me!!!! Admitedly I did have Milly playing half my shots but I think she'd have beaten me anyway!

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Been agonising for along time-finally "done it"(to quote Grommitt)-handed my notice in at work. realised couldn't keep going with work responsibility and a husband with AD who needs me! Have been torn for too long-now I've done it a weight has been lifted from my shoulders!

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Tomorrow if Peg had lived ,would have been our 60th wedding anniversary.
This morning I telephoned the Vicar at the church where we were married.
Churches are often kept locked this days, and I asked him if it would possible go into the church tomorrow.
I did explain the reason for my request.
His answer was "Of course you can"
So tomorrow at 11 o'clock together with two good friends and our elder son ,I am going to stand where I stood 60 years ago and tell Peg that I love her, as I did all those years ago.
Norman

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Norman, my love, I would be with you if I could.
Your love for Peg has always shone like a beacon here on TP.

May you have a peaceful day, together with son and dear friends, celebrating a wonderful occasion.

Will be thinking of you at 11.ooam tomorrow. God bless.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
So tomorrow at 11 o'clock together with two good friends and our elder son ,I am going to stand where I stood 60 years ago and tell Peg that I love her, as I did all those years ago.
Norman

Dear Norman.......What a wonderful tribute.

Love xx

carol

Jun 24, 2004
Surrey/Hampshire
Dearest Norman,

God Bless you and your Peg. She will truly be in your heart tomorrow. I too will be thinking of you at 11am, and I think it is really the most loveliest of things to do, and what better way to acknowledge the day, than attend the church where your lives together started. May you have a lovely day of memories.

Love Carolx

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Norman

Thanks for posting about it.

What a lovely thought - I think the church may well have a sizeable virtual TP congregation there with you, to celebrate your years of love together. :)

Shame we can't all be there in person.:(

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
View attachment 2141Dear Norman, I`m so sorry Peg won`t be with you in person, to celebrate your 60th. Anniversary today, but I`m sure she will be with you in Spirit.

Love xx

Last edited:

Libby

May 20, 2006
North East
Norman

I was so touched by your post - Peg was a lucky lady.

It would have been my Mum and Dad's 58th on Monday 3rd Dec. Sadly, Mum has no idea who dad was now.

Libs

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Went to the church as planned,Son's decided they could not face it.
Two good friends camm.
I stood with the vicar,where I had stood all those years ago, and the Vicar said a beautiful little prayer.
I am glad that I went ,the atmosphere was peaceful,and I felt better for going.
Thank you for all your kind comments
Norman

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Norman, so glad that things went comfortably for you.

Your sons will have their own memories, in their own ways.

Today was yours, or rather yours and Pegs.

We were all there in spirit with you. Take care, my love.

nickyd

Oct 20, 2007
warwickshire
Norman,
What a wonderful tribute, it made me feel quite emotional, I really feel for you. My Mum passed away in September, 12 days before my Mum & Dads 49th Anniversary, it's so sad. Life is cruel, isn't it.
Thinking of you, take good care of yourself,
Love, Nickyxxx

Last edited:

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
My grandmother (my Dad's mum) who was suffering from dementia died on the morning of her 60th wedding anniversary. We knew that for some reason she and my grandfather had been married very early in the morning (about 8 o'clock :confused:) and we decided therefore that they had just made it.

Norman, I hope you found some comfort in the day.

Last edited:

germain

Jul 7, 2007
a lovely surprise

Hello all,

Firstly -to dear Norman - glad things went well - what a lovely but very poignant thing to do - it shows superb love for your wife and great courage.

Secondly - to our Mum - Went to visit today at the CH expecting again to help feed her up in her room- she's been in hospital again and came out very weak , totally confused , total loss of language, refusing to eat, drink or move. After 48 hrs back in CH she was up, sitting in the quiet lounge, washed, hair done & dressed, feeding herself and chatting away ten to the dozen with the lady next to her - I didn't want to disturb the meal so I helped with the washing up - in total shock. Went into room when she had finished and had about two hours of very reasonable conversation with both of them, played music and gave her a full bottle of fruit smoothie and a chocolate mousse which she ate with real gusto. She asked if we would mind if she had a nap and as she got a bit tired the speech was going a bit - so I left, almost in tears at the miracle !

I know it may not last and she's up and down on a daily basis - by the way does anyone have any idea as to why this is ? - but it was so nice to see her , obviously relaxed and happy. CH staff were almost as pleased as me !

Nice to be able to share this - mostly I post with problems.
regards
germain

117katie

yeeee haaaa!

Not quite sure how to spell the above, but your diary of today comes fairly close to the diaries I have been keeping for the last two years.

Yes, I know I am a newcomer to TP, but ... give me a break!!

Which means when I get "Hello" ... "What have you come for" ... then I always say "Come to do the washing up" and then I vanish, if only to cry quietly around the corner. As we all do, on occcasion.

Then I come back LIKE WHAT YOU DO, and I say, right what shall we do now, shall we clean the windows, or shall we go for a walk? Where, says she? Anywhere, say I. So we go left to right, and then right to left, and then up and down the staircase, and on a good day DOWN IN THE LIFE TO THE GROUND FLOOR!

Where have you been lurking, Barbara?

Katie

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Norman-I'm new to TP and don't want to intrude-but your messages move me so much I feel I have to contribute. anniversaries are always special and the older we get the more we accumulate! It has moved me so much to read about you and your dear wife-I have no words of comfort to give-but I thank you for your generosity in sharing. Wishing you well..... Gigi x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
- by the way does anyone have any idea as to why this is ? -germain

Hello Germain,
It might only be a coincidence but exactly the same thing happened when my mother was hospitalized with Shingles.

While in hospital she was blank faced, eyes staring and looked terrified. As soon as she was discharged back to the NH, her face relaxed and she looked a different person.

The nurse in charge said it was because she felt she`d returned `home`.