A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pollyanna

Jul 8, 2008
I too will be thinking of you tomorrow morning.

I am sure it will be a very special day. Your trip and being able to do this is a wonderful tribute to Dhiren. I won't claim to imagine how he would have felt, but I can certainly see his smiling face in my mind.

X

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
As always, enjoying your news of your days and the lovely photos. Such a lovely thing to do, float the basket of flowers and candle for all carers and to see the photos. Thank you.

Day 18. I can't imagine being anywhere else now. I'm really settled in and love this carefree pace of life. I don't think I have ever been so still (inside and outside) of me. That's coming from one who is really able to relax. This is something else. I love the warmth, the light, the sounds, the smells and the whole atmosphere. Naturally the people and animals are numbers 1 and 2 for me.
You express it so well, Helen, the atmosphere, everything. I can almost feel I am there. It sounds blissful. Except as I sit here reading, it is a very cold evening.

Enjoy every second. I’ll wish for you both that there is an unexpected heat wave as in March 2012, or even a decent rise in temperature, to ease you back into British Spring!

Your massage also sounded bliss. Two more to look forward to.

Sylvia what type of stick is that you have? I m thinking of a type hill walkers sometimes use but not sure if similar….. Someone I knew who did a lot of hillwalking but developed bad knees said they were much better than ordinary walking sticks.

So many of us will be there with you in spirit tomorrow as I feel Dhiren shall be as well, and seeing in our mind’s eye his unforgettable lovely smile. Emotional for you and precious, taking him home as he wished.

My love
Loo xxx

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
I had a message today from our new Indian friend Kamal. His brother has said there are 9 days of special worship for Hindus , starting 21st March , when ashes cannot be scattered in the Ganges, so 23rd is out. We are going tomorrow instead.

When I read this after reading how peaceful and healing your experiences are for you both I immediately felt that Dhiren was with you both.

Sorry if this presumptuous and hasn't come across well in the written word, but these words came to me.... I could hear Dhiren say.... though I never met him

You have fulfilled your promise of floating flowers for TP, now it's time for you to finish your promises so you can continue to have the benefit of the rest, relaxation and healing.

so tomorrow take me to the Ganges and let me go as you promised for the 23rd, let this day becomes a day for you both to feel renewed.

xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Thinking of you today Sylvia. I know that love and dignity will be central to this amazing 'ceremony' you will be engaging in for Dhiren today. xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Sylvia what type of stick is that you have? I m thinking of a type hill walkers sometimes use but not sure if similar….. Someone I knew who did a lot of hillwalking but developed bad knees said they were much better than ordinary walking sticks.
My love
Loo xxx

It's one of Helen's sticks Loo, an extending stick which has been a godsend even though I keep being told off for not holding it properly. Helen and Martin both have one so we have one each here.

One of the staff admired it and Helen, generous to a fault said she would leave them both for him when we go. He is so pleased. He has two grandfathers so will be able to give them one each. :)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It sounds as if Paul would love to be here to take part.

He sent me a marigold and an email saying. ' Scattering dad's ashes in the Ganges on your birthday, something fitting about the way that has come about .'

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Thoughts go with you are Dhiren's story comes to its end. I started reading it almost eight years ago... this is a fitting glorious conclusion to what has been his wonderful life.

May Dhiren's soul find peace and may yours rejoice in these wonderful memories you have never stopped creating. May you and Paul also find peace.

While these memories live on Dhiren will always be with you.

Love

mameeskye

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Tears in my eyes as I read this Sylvia, your birthday, how fitting. You have been in my thoughts & prayers and trust all has gone how you have wished :) and that Dhiren is at peace.

Love
Sue
xxx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
At the time (I hope) you were watching Dhiren's ashes flow down the Ganges I went and stood by the river near to my house and watched the water. I imagined you and Helen peacefully watching as you completed the ceremony for Dhiren. Bigger waters for you dear Sylvia with more meaning. I should imagine a few tears were shed as you completed Dhiren's journey. You did well -but then you always did.

Love to you and Helen

Lyn T XX

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I hope your special ceremony went just as you wanted and as Dhiren would have liked.
I think it's wonderful that you are able to fulfill that wish of his.
I'm sure it will bring you such peace of mind now and in the future. x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
The priest and Kamal didn't turn up . I've no idea what happened , poor English and a misunderstanding in communication were probable reasons. It didn't matter. I really wanted the scattering without fuss or ritual, I only agreed because I didn't want to do the wrong thing and cause offence.

While we were waiting for Kamal, one of the flower sellers who had served us the flower baskets for the carers passed us and as she passed asked if we wanted flowers. She was young and poor but smiley and with personality and spirit. We said 'later' .

Once we realised Kamal wasn't coming we went to the flower seller and bought two baskets. I paid her for three and she was grateful.

I tried to light the candles and incense while Helen was taking photos but the matches kept blowing out, it was breezy there. The flower seller came to help me without any fuss , lit the candles and incense , held the flowers as I tipped the ashes in and watched as I took them to the river and floated them .

It was just as I wanted and very emotional watching the flower baskets float down the river, the candles still burning and the incense sticks smouldering.

It was simple and moving and I know Dhiren would have been pleased.

Our trusty tuk tuk driver came to meet us. He has invited us to his home for a meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petal705