Dad died

LittleFeet74

Aug 30, 2014
I've not been here long but I have had immense support from this site.
Dad had a fall down the stairs, broke his neck and had surgery. I was here a few days ago asking about nursing homes, but sadly Dad had been through too much and he did not recover. He died on Thursday morning, I was able to be with him. I am beyond heart broken, feeling lost. My Dad has been both mother and father to me as I was only 9 when my Mum died. I am feeling very childlike and lost at the moment.
Thank you all for all your support, even though I didn't post much I read often.

lizzybean

Feb 3, 2014
Lancashire
Oh Littlefeet, so very sorry to hear of your Dads passing. Be gentle & kind to yourself, it will take a lot of adjustment & what ever emotion you feel on any given day/hour/minute just ride with it, you can't change your feelings so just go along with them.
You may not have posted much before but know we are here, to give you a shoulder & a hug.
My thoughts & prayers are with you.

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
So sorry for your loss Littlefeet:( Keep posting when you need to.
Take care
Sue

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh I'm so sorry to read your news. Sending my deepest sympathy and condolences.

Raggedrobin

Jan 20, 2014
I'm so sorry Littlefeet. i am glad for you that you were with him though. What a terrible shock it must all be. i know we are all strangers to you in a sense, but when we lose our parents, we learn that all kinds of people support us through the rest of life in all sorts of ways. So take that support whenever you need it. X

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
Littlefeet, I am so sorry you have lost your dear dad. I can only try to imagine how you must be feeling, you must have been very close. I am glad you were with him, and I hope this gives you some comfort, if not now, then in the weeks and months to come.
Wishing you strength, and peace.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I'm so sorry to read about the loss of your Dad-it will be a very hard time for you. Your emotions will come and go so I'm hoping you will find strength to cope.

Keep posting whenever you want-you will receive a lot of support here.

Lyn T X

flowerpetals

Mar 6, 2015
Oh Littlefeet, I'm so sorry you have lost your dear father. It really is so devastating when you lose a parent. No words seems to comfort. I too, felt childlike when I lost my Dad, I felt like a little child. There are many feelings too like feeling lost, bewildered and numb. Nothing seems real.

I wish you lots of love and strength to get through this horrible time. Take care and if you to speak to us, we are here for you xx

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
So sorry for your loss Littlefeet, it is a sad time for you and hope you get all the support you need. Keep posting here if you want to, your comments might help someone else to cope better.

LittleFeet74

Aug 30, 2014
Thank you so much for your comforting words. I still feel numb. Right now it doesn't feel real. I feel stuck, like I can't grieve yet as we can't arrange the funeral as we are waiting for the coroner to give the go ahead to release Dad's body. He still has tubes in him, they can't take them out until the coroner says so. I'm finding that quite hard, hate being in limbo.
There is some peace in not having the constant worry about whether Dad has gone wandering (again) or worrying about his loneliness. I've been told so many times over the last few days that "he is in a better place". I'm not sure what I feel about that but I am telling myself he is not suffering anymore.

flossielime

May 8, 2014
I am sorry, this must be a terrible shock (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))) and xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx