A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Morning Sylvia & Helen....

Sounds like a fun trip, even if it is an early start. I have always wanted to visit India....so your trip is giving me hope that I may succeed in the future, even if not in the next few years! Teenage boys are so expensive!!

New Zealand had hot weather last week but it is cooling down now as autumn comes and Cyclone Pam is doing odd things to the weather systems and from tomorrow we will be pulling air up from the south - the Antarctic - which will mean the temps drop. Luckily South Island is unlikely to feel the effects but the East of North Island is likely to get a battering in the next few days.

Hope that you have a great day today. It is really lovely reading about your trip.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Mameeskye.

I've been meaning to post about Helens intention to learn at least one new word in hindi every day. She's doing well but I'm failing miserably.

No matter what, Helen keeps trying . She receives puzzled looks or smiles of recognition every time. The puzzled looks because perhaps she's not got it right and the smiles of recognition either show pleasure she is trying or maybe they are laughing at her accent.

I can only manage one word learnt in two weeks. Danyabad means thank you , I think. :)

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Learning Hindi
There is a free travel AP for iPhone called

Hindi App - Perfect Travel App: India

It's the sort of thing I would download if I ever went to India

Don't know if it would be useful for you Sylvia

Love reading about your days :)

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
We both downloaded the app. 2jays, but Helen is so much better than I am.

It started off very cloudy and misty this morning. Apparently it poured in the night and there was a thunder storm. I slept through it all.

We had a late breakfast and the cafe owner was troubled. He has trouble with his car and doesn't think it will be ready for the Temple visit tomorrow. Only a couple of minutes earlier, Helen had said she much preferred spontaneous trips than arranged ones and we'd need to set our alarms to get up early. Well wishes were horses and now we don't need to.
We reassured the cafe owner we didn't mind one bit.

Helen felt like a walk so has gone out. It is still cloudy but warm and pleasant. I still need to stay in and rest, yesterday's heat really sapped my energy. Also I wanted to do some ironing. I have never wanted to iron but today I did, perhaps missing a normal household chore.

So Helen is out and my ironing is done. I can settle on the balcony and read my kindle. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Sorry I should have realised that you both would be organised and sorted out App's :D

My goodness wanting to do ironing !!
A magical place there then if it makes ironing almost a pleasure :D

Enjoy your day xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
The peace and calm are floating off my screen!

Sorry the heat forced you to rest Sylvia, but that's Nature's way, and I'm sure you will feel better in time..

It's chilly here, and has started drizzling, the shivery sort....but daffodils are out now.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It's the beauty of being here for a month Anne. We have time. We don't have to do something special every day as Dhiren and I did when we went away for a week, wanting to see all the sights, not wanting to waste a minute.

This time is not being wasted, it's a wonderful time, even ironing . :D

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I feel not a moment is wasted here. It is an enormous privilege to be able to totally rest, relax and experience the wonders of stillness.

It is the first day that I have wanted to really stretch my legs. I could see that Sylvia was as peaceful and happy as can be doing what she wanted to do. I bet all her ironing was done mindfully.

I decided to walk right down the hill road to Ramjule. I loved the walk. I took my camera this time for some more scenic shots and I'm glad I did. Eventually I came across a beautiful view of the Ganges and decided to walk down the 100 steps to get there. I walked right to the end of Ramjule on this side of the bridge and then I decided to go over the bridge and do a right turn. It was marvellous. I found temple gardens which I strolled around. I found a market which seemed endless. Eventually I strolled back and caught a tuk tuk back up the hill. I was greeted by Sylvia making me a nice cuppa.

Our tuk tuk man greeted me and asked if I was better. I told a porky and said I was better but Sylvia wasn't. It was much easier than explaining the reality. I slipped him the money we would have paid if we had gone out with him yesterday as arranged. He didn't want to take it but I insisted.

Sylvia and I are now going for a stroll down the hill and back again before dinner.

Love to you all

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 466
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 488

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I've rotated the photos but I found it much harder to do the size on the macbook than I do on the ipad. Perhaps I should leave it to Nitram!

Attachments

• India 1 .jpg
    India 1 .jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 441
  • India 2.jpg
    India 2.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 434
  • India 3.jpg
    India 3.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 420

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Izzy. I wish I knew how to rotate them myself.

Do you think if I took the photos holding the iPad upside down, they'd post the right way up? ;)

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Thanks Izzy. I wish I knew how to rotate them myself.

Do you think if I took the photos holding the iPad upside down, they'd post the right way up? ;)

I expect if you stood on your head and took them, all would be well. But it would be an awful bothrr for you, unless your yoga skills are now extremely well-honed.

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Sylvia no one looks skinny when they are bent over especially doing ironing!:D

Today went on stage at Church to give the Dementia friends talk a little plug, I had in my hand a little plug on some bright orange string!
Someone came up to me afterwards and asked if I had lost weight
I felt like saying 'No but I have had a bath!':rolleyes:

Other people came up though and were really encouraging, it must be beginning to show!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I'm sure it is beginning to show Sarah. I'm longing to see you. I know it shouldn't be about appearance but I also know how much it will benefit your health.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"Perhaps I should leave it to Nitram!"

OK by me.

EDIT
If anybody is wondering the source of my 'magic' I use the free >>>IRFANVIEW<<< to do a batch conversion, it only works on Windows but anybody using a MAC OS can use it by installing the free >>>WINE BOTTLER<<<

Just set long side to 650 for landscape or short side to 650 for portrait and tick boxes as required for rotation/flipping. Images will then fit nicely on the TP screen - at least for Windows and I think everybody else.

Attachments

• 2015-03-15_174619.jpg
    2015-03-15_174619.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 482
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.