A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 407

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
The photo of our hotel only show a fraction of the complex. It has many levels and sections. Although it is big, it has the mentality of dealing well with few people. Not like an English hotel accommodating hundreds of guests.

There are some fantastic stories to tell. Sylvia will tell her massage story. The rest is about two really personal trips. Dinner is about to arrive so I will tell you shortly.

Oh and remind me to tell you about the bucket:D

Love

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I've just lost my post about the massage but want to assure you the 'extras' I received were Ayurvedic and nothing else. :D

Dinner will be here soon and I can't risk losing another post. Xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
You'll have to wait to hear about the bucket Sarah.

My Ayurvedic massage was excellent although quite painful at times. This is once I recovered from the shock of seeing the masseuse who was male and looked as if he'd just gone into long pants.

In for a penny, in for a pound, there was no way I could back out so I accepted what was on offer and got on with it.

I would have regretted backing out even if I could have. Every limb, back and front , palms of hands, soles of feet, (I laughed out loud because I'm very ticklish) every finger, every toe, shoulders neck, face and head. He certainly did know what he was doing and just as some areas became too painful, he stopped and soothed them.

The massage used pads soaked in warm fragrant oils but gentle it was not. There were parts of me which were surprisingly tender, eg. My legs from calves to ankles. I would never have expected a firm massage in that area to be quite so painful.

He ended by pouring warmed fragrant oils onto the palms of his hands and holding them in front of my face so I could inhale the fragrance.

After an hour it was done.

Helen thought I looked different. I didn't feel different until a couple of hours later and then I felt a wave of tiredness wan over me. It was such a strange feeling.

We did go out in the afternoon. I'll leave Helen to tell you about that, she has the photos. What I will say is how much easier it was for me to get up on to the tuc tuc, my knee and back were so much better.
I have booked again for next week. Helen has booked a more gentle massage.

I did have rather a rude awakening on our travels this afternoon. Our tuc tuc driver had witnessed my difficulties getting myself up into the tuc tuc. He asked if I'd like his advice for losing weight. I should have honey, lemon and water every morning. I thanked him kindly but oh if only it were so easy.

Last edited:

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"I've just emailed some photos to Paul and they are all the right way up."

Apple add metadata which TP does not understand.

The metadata is about the orientation of the iPad when the image is taken and also whether it is laterally inverted to allow it to be used as a mirror for applying make up.

This metadata has to be removed before posting on TP, hence the problem with the previous poster trying rotation as not all rotation methods remove he metadata.

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
You'll have to wait to hear about the bucket Sarah.

I did have rather a rude awakening on our travels this afternoon. Our tuc tuc driver had witnessed my difficulties getting myself up into the tuc tuc. He asked if I'd like his advice for losing weight. I should have honey, lemon and water every morning. I thanked him kindly but oh if only it were so easy.

Might give it a try! We love you just as you are Sylvia!

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Helen and our driver. He loved seeing himself on the iPad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 422

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Thank you Win:)

We walked into today and one of the staff came to sit with us in the sunshine on the patio area of the restaurant. I asked him about the places round about Rishikesh and he told us about another temple on the mountainside. He said he had a private taxi and he would take us to see it next Monday. He wouldn't charge us as he will also take two members of his family:). So it is a very personal touch to our trip out.

After a very light lunch, Sylvia and I got talking to the hotel manager or owner and I asked him about places to visit and he arranged for a taxi to pick us up to take us into the mountains. We waited nearly an hour for the taxi and then we decided to walk to the tuk tuks and wait there. There by his tuk tuk was the driver that we had on our first tuk tuk ride. He came over and I told him about the taxi not coming. I asked him if he would take us sight seeing. He did and we had another fabulous afternoon out visiting temples. We went to places that would not normally be visited by tourists. So we had our chauffeur again. I asked him to take us to an Indian sweet shop and he took us to the one we went to when we needed them for Kamal's mother. We bought a few sweets as a treat for ourselves. I also asked him to take me to a place where I could buy a bucket so I can do my washing in it. He dd and he encouraged me to buy a red one rather than the blue one I'd picked out.

Love

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 401
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 423
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 404
Status