mum dying

Janey russ

Jan 2, 2014
If it is if any comfort to you my mother died two weeks ago and went through the final stages as your dear mother. She stopped eating and drinking and lost so much weight. In the last three days she went into a deep sleep and then her breathing got quieter and quieter and much slower. She died very peacefully in my arms knowing she was not alone by giving just one long quiet breath. I want to reassure you that it was not frightening, there was no panic she just drifted away. I do hope this is of some comfort to you and that your mother goes as peacefully also. My thoughts are with you as for me it is still so fresh in my mind and my heart. Good wishes to you and all your family and I hope you reach the end of your journey together by being strong and knowing you have done your best. Take care xx

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
Rose, thinking of you and hoping you are getting some sleep. You have to take your rest too.I'm glad you had one good night with your Mum, think about that night and not the bad ones. You are so young to be going through all of this but stay strong. The staff will be there if you need someone to talk to. When my husband was dying i would feel a hand on my back or see a face with a gentle smile and know they were with me throughout that time. I hope you are finding the same. I am praying for a peaceful day for you.

roseg

Jan 25, 2015
Sunray and janey thanls for your post . I hope my mummy gors peacefully. She was very different todayand could barely open her eyes. I dont think it will be long now im scared. I told her today that it was ok to go that we would be ok and that she was a great mum. Thanked her for everything. My hearts broken the world wont be the same without her. I feel robbed. I hope mummy goes soon shes fought long enpugh and i know its cos we were crying saying plz dont leave us. God bless her she is a true lady in every sense of the word.im grateful i was her daughter.

Sweet

Jun 16, 2014
Thinking of you too.
My mum died 3 weeks ago...dementia but a chest infection in the end... I was with her all through her last day through late into the evening I left for a couple of hours and she passed away peacefully at midnight. She had been peaceful all day just quietly breathing. I stroked her hair and held her hand and quietly said how we all loved her and gently let her know she was the most wonderful mum.

flossielime

May 8, 2014
Thinking of you, i hope the end is as peaceful as it can be. Seeing your mums age made me so sad. It such a cruel illness. From her age I realise you must be young too to be going through this. I hope you have good people around you to offer support.
xxx

Gigglemore

Oct 18, 2013
British Isles
Thinking of you and your dear mother tonight Rose and hoping that all is peaceful. So sad that this cruel disease has taken so much from you all at such an early age. Take care xx

MeganCat

Jan 29, 2013
South Wales
I hope your mum is peaceful, you have been robbed - of years with your mum - this disease is so cruel and unfair especially with your mum (and you) being so young. You sound like you are doing a wonderful job of caring for your mum - that's all we can hope to do. X

roseg

Jan 25, 2015
Hi guys my mummy died on mon 23 feb im hurting for her so bad my hearts broke. I miss her so much i dont know how im supposed to live without her. I actually still cant believe shes gone.

keywest67

Mar 19, 2012
Coventry
Rosen, I'm so sorry for your loss, I know what you are feeling, I lost my Dad in November, your Mum was so young it's terribly sad but take comfort in the fact you were there for her and she knew that and she knew she was loved, there is no greater gift you could have given her , she is at peace now and no longer suffering.
I watched my Dad die the same way as your Mum, no food or drink, barely conscious, I think it's hard for us to see this .......be strong, sending you a hug x Lisa

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Hi guys my mummy died on mon 23 feb im hurting for her so bad my hearts broke. I miss her so much i dont know how im supposed to live without her. I actually still cant believe shes gone.

My thoughts are with you. It is so sad to lose a loved parent that you have cared for. I wish you strength for the days ahead.

mserw647

Feb 16, 2015
Wisconsin, usa
Sorry for your loss my friend. It's hard to live without people but God has many plans for your life. You will be happy once again for your mother!

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Gigglemore

Oct 18, 2013
British Isles
So sorry for your loss Rose, your mother is now at peace.

I read this the other day and wrote it down to hope it will comfort me when I am grieving "To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die". You loved your mum so much, you will have many fond memories to share with your children in times to come when your pain and grief are less raw. Take care.

jasmineflower

Aug 27, 2012
So sorry to hear your sad news Rose. I hope you are surrounded by a loving family to help you through this time x

roseg

Jan 25, 2015
Thank you so much everyone for your kind wishes.i just miss her so much and i know she had to go. She suffered enough but her passing was very peaceful i was with her . I told her i was lucky cos she was my mummy and that ee loved her so much.me and my sisters carried my mummy out of the house and church .when she was brought home as soon as the coffin came out it hailed the same thing happened when we took her out of the house and again when we carried hrr out of church. Was that a sign or wat lol. My little baby was such a surprise i wasnt for having anymore kids but now i understand why he was sent to me. My mummy was my mother friend sister and in the end our child now shes gone shes become our angel.

roseg

Jan 25, 2015
I dont want to ramble but im having a really really bad day i want my mummy back im not as strong as i thought i just want her back . Its selfish i know but i dont feel right without her. Mothers day is coming soon n we always done something together. I keep going up to the grave and its not helping but i cant help myself i just want to be near her. This pain and grief is horrific.

Miss shiraz

Dec 24, 2014
Midlands
You are allowed to feel like this, have a wobble and feel sorry for yourself. All expected for a devoted daughter who has lost her mum, friend, loved one. She was so lucky to have had you and you to have had her.
i lost my lovely mum to cancer 18 yrs ago and her death was awful, not peaceful at all. In time you will remember the good times and cherish them i promise.... I'm sure there were loads but at the moment its the recent events that are fresh in your mind. She'll be with you in your heart for the rest of your life.
Please talk to your family and friends, those who knew her. I hope you can find sone comfort and support each other.
sending you a big hug... it will get better, time is a great healer. You won't forget her, just remember different things... the good things.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanetR