Trazadone

Kobiandmillie

Jan 4, 2014
Hi there has anyone had any experience on this my mum has been on this for 10 days now after being taken off diazepam but I think she I'd getting worse she has vascular dementia only diagnosed last year but showing signs for 5 yrs i suppose it could just be deterioration with the disease x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
My husband took Trazadone but he had Alzheimer`s. He wasn`t allowed Diazepam.

I`m sorry I can`t remember if he did suffer any side effects, he had so many different tablets to try to control his anger and anxiety . Some made him sleepy, some affected his appetite, it was over 5 years ago now and I`ve forgotten the details.

If you are unhappy about the medication the best person to discuss it with is the doctor who prescribed it.

Liz57

Dec 22, 2013
My mother has been taking since before Christmas. She has Alzheimers and when it was first prescribed I thought it was brilliant as it certainly reduced her anxiety levels. I don't think it's working so well now as she does get pretty worked up if she can't get hold of me for a few minutes but overall I think it helps her sleep better. No side effects that I can easily identify.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
When my husband first started taking it I did notice it caused him to stumble quite a bit when out walking. It did also make him sleep better together with Zopiclone and more manageable when sundowning. He settled into Trazodone within a few weeks and I would now be loathe to see him do without it.

Liz57 she might need to up the dose. John started on one tablet nightly and now takes one in the afternoon too..

Kobiandmillie

Jan 4, 2014
Thanks for the replys . I'm getting really worried now after her dinner tonight she started heaving quite a lot and a little bit sick very aggitated and confused actually told me to go home when she is usually asks am I sitting for a while I just don't know what to do or do I just take it in my stride as being part of this horrible disease iv came home and now wished I stayed with her I'm only ten mins away driving sorry for the rant x

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
After trying a drug for two weeks if you think she seems worse rather than better you might want to have a word with the CPN or GP.

Kobiandmillie

Jan 4, 2014
Thanx Marion cpn is due for a visit next week so I shall defo be speaking to him about this I'm hoping its side effects she couldn't possibly have deteriorated so quickly x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dan Smith