walking on egg shells

susan37

Feb 23, 2015
hi my husband has vascular deminia he is in hospital for a fall before xmas crack his hip and I discovered he has vascular deminia I go to vist him nearly every day but got verbal abuse of him been married40 years plus he is not walking stays in bed when he does get home just dreading it he is 74

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello susan welcome to talking point, so sorry to hear your husband has vascular demenia, you have come to the best place to get lots oc help and support, l have been on this forum for 2yrs it has helped me so much with my journey looking after my hubby with Alzheimers, it is so hard to come to terms with it is so difficult to cope with the disease, l feel for you, keep posting whenever you need to,

di65

Feb 28, 2013
new zealand
Hi Susan - welcome to TP. I also have a husband who is verbally abusive. It is so very hard isn't it. I describe it more as walking on broken glass than eggshells, as his barbs are like daggers. After 46 years of a happy marriage, to be spoken to like he does is so hurtful, but unfortunately is part of this terrible disease. I think that he would be horrified if could have forseen how he would be acting

C'est la vie:)

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Wow, he's been in there some time, then. The dementia can do dreadful things which we have to see most days. It's the worst thing to happen to anybody. They don't even know their own behaviour, do they.

Tough for you, hearing how he speaks to you, Susan. Hope you've got someone you can turn to in these difficult times. Should you not, never forget there are all of us here with big shoulders. You're welcome to defuse whenever you need to.

Lots of love to you, with a big hug.

susan37

Feb 23, 2015
Wow, he's been in there some time, then. The dementia can do dreadful things which we have to see most days. It's the worst thing to happen to anybody. They don't even know their own behaviour, do they.

Tough for you, hearing how he speaks to you, Susan. Hope you've got someone you can turn to in these difficult times. Should you not, never forget there are all of us here with big shoulders. You're welcome to defuse whenever you need to.

Lots of love to you, with a big hug.

thanks for your reply least we are not alone take care susan

susan37

Feb 23, 2015
Hi Susan - welcome to TP. I also have a husband who is verbally abusive. It is so very hard isn't it. I describe it more as walking on broken glass than eggshells, as his barbs are like daggers. After 46 years of a happy marriage, to be spoken to like he does is so hurtful, but unfortunately is part of this terrible disease. I think that he would be horrified if could have forseen how he would be acting

C'est la vie:)

thank s for your reply feeling angry had a good cry you take care susan:)

susan37

Feb 23, 2015
Hello susan welcome to talking point, so sorry to hear your husband has vascular demenia, you have come to the best place to get lots oc help and support, l have been on this forum for 2yrs it has helped me so much with my journey looking after my hubby with Alzheimers, it is so hard to come to terms with it is so difficult to cope with the disease, l feel for you, keep posting whenever you need to,

thanks for your reply nice to know I am not alone been married to my husband for 40 years he always took the lead hard working but he had a stroke in 2004 it has creept up slowly its just verbal abuse that get me down have a cry and leave the room have a fag then back in they say he does not remember what he says also repeats a lot of question which I reply you take care susan x:)