A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Izzy. :)

We will both have iPads with us although mine is playing silly beggars at the moment and I may need to take it in. We hope to send photos.

I used it at my son`s and now I can`t get it back to my router so have no wifi connection. . :eek:

If I do take it in I have to go to Canterbury which is one and a half hours each way by bus.

I`ve been twiddling my thumbs the last two weeks , it being too early to make preparations. Now I have lots to do this final week I have to waste a day getting my iPad fixed.

Never mind. It`all keep me on my toes.

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
It is so exciting isn't it Sylvia but know what you mean about time running out. I go in just over 4 weeks and so much to do but too soon to start some things. I hope ipad sorted and your trip is wonderful.

I go March 25th back April 27th so catch up with you then.

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
I hope you can sort the IPad out. Photos and a short account of each of your days would be lovely. We would be living your holiday with you. I bet you are so excited. Don't you be overdoing things this week.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Have a wonderful time Linda. :)

Thanks people. I`ll have to wait till Monday to go to Canterbury. I have trousers to shorten today .....by hand. I`m no sewer. :eek:

Whats the difference between sewer [ one who sews ] and sewer [ underground drainage ] ? It seems sewer meaning a person altering clothes with a needle and thread is not a word. :D

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Seamstress? I found 'sewer' in the sewing context in an online American dictionary but not an English one.

Are you off to somewhere hot Lindy?

I've been trying to decide whether I could chance another week in the sun with Bill (and a carer of course). I might be pushing my luck.:rolleyes:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I've been trying to decide whether I could chance another week in the sun with Bill (and a carer of course). I might be pushing my luck.:rolleyes:

What would be the shortest journey Izzy , to find some sunshine? It wouldn`t be so bad if you didn`t have to wait at the airport for two hours before the flight.

I`ve finished one leg of the trousers. It`s hard because Im using black thread which is tiring on the eyes.

Thanks Sarah. I hope you`ll get a running , illustrated commentary. :)

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
We can enjoy some sunshine secondhand from India soon if the iPads work. It's hard to pack for a warm climate when it's cold at home. Have a beautiful time SYLVIA... I expect we'll all be here imagining the best Marigold hotel...

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you Anne. :)

Happy Days. My iPad is OK. I suddenly remembered what I was advised to do last time .....reset the Router. It worked. Just in case anyone else has this problem .
Phew! I`ve gained a day. :)

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Just in case I miss the day, given that this week is going to be a bit hectic....I've already reached nearly 6 pm and I'm still on the list of things to do this morning:eek::rolleyes:
I'm going to say have the most wonderful trip. Please try to send photos, but moreover please try to enjoy every minute you can. Keep safe and keep well...and we'll see you when you get back.xx.:D

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you so much Maureen. You have been so supportive.

I hope the next few weeks are not too daunting for you and you can make the funeral arrangements you know your mum would want.

If we know the date of her funeral we will devote our meditation to you and your mum while in India.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Oh Sylvia how exciting! I was recently wondering when you and Helen were setting off.

I do hope you get your iPad sorted but a trail for you to get to Canterbury… Good luck.

It would indeed be wonderful if you and Helen keep in touch with us,, short accounts and photos. I feel so excited for you!

Ah, reading further on you have fixed your iPad, a relief for you and a gained day! :)

Loo xxx

Last edited:

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Sylvia wrote:

If we know the date of her funeral we will devote our meditation to you and your mum while in India.
What a lovely thing to do for Maureen and her Mum, Sylvia.

Maureen, wishing you energy and strength for this difficult week ahead.

Loo xxx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Linda, remind me where you are going on March 25th… Australia rings a bell, but perhaps I’m way off course. ..

Loo xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.