Finally trying to do it

ceroc46

Jan 28, 2012
Morning all,

I haven't posted for a while, although I have dipped in and out from time to time.

Well, Mum seems settled in the care home.The staff are nice, if a bit over worked. It'll be a year in March.

I've kept Mum's "room" in our house (in essence just a bed and a few bits of clothes) thinking that she'll be back. But she won't and I have to accept this.

But I am finding it soo difficult to even begin; it's as though I'm getting rid of her totally. I found a brush with her hair on it just now, and went to bits.

I tell myself, it will be easier now, then in the future, but I'm not listening.

Anyone else had this dilemma or can suggest any coping strategies?

xx

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Mum is in a CH and settled now too.
She went from her own home, rather than mine, so there is nothing in my house which is specifically hers, but I am beginning to sort out her home as I will have to sell it. Yes, it is just like wiping her out - I have used exactly the same expression myself when talking to others. Would it help if there were someone else with you and you tackled it together? The first time I went into mums home after she went into the CH I took my daughter and it certainly helped. Apart from that I can only advise a large box of tissues and a bottle of wine

kaycee30

Feb 4, 2015
Hi, big hugs to you, we are currently exploring the option of a care home for Dad, not sure what way to turn for the best. Really hard decision and hope that which ever option we decide itll be the correct one. X