mum passed away, free at last of the torment of this illness

gillybean

Jan 17, 2007
Sad how I've moved from one section to another in each forum and finally I'm here with much sadness and relief if I'm being honest.
Another chapter, still feeling shocked even though it was expected... She passed away tonight...

I was with her and it was a peaceful experience.. And I'm glad I was there for her....

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
sorry to read this. My condolences. Hope that it brings you comfort that you were there with her.

Sweet

Jun 16, 2014
Thinking of you gillybean.

I had the same feelings, relief and shock ... and hard to believe my lovely mum had passed away.

My thoughts are with you x

polly1

Dec 8, 2011
Hampshire
So sorry to hear the sad news. Thinking of you and sending condolences.
Your dear Mum is at peace, and you will find peace too.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
So sorry gillybean, your head must be all over the place at the moment. Take care.

gillybean

Jan 17, 2007
Thank you all, I have to tell my daughter when she comes him home, not looking forward to that but I'm sure she'll be fine.
I feel guilty for feeling relieved, is this right?

Sweet

Jun 16, 2014
I think you'll have a whole range of emotions.
Relief after living with dementia.
Sadness, I miss her so much.
Guilt for some of my negative thoughts through the illness
Love, an overwhelming feeling of wanting to physically see her one more time.

Thoughts are with you x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Don`t feel guilty gillybean. Your mother will be illness free and peaceful now. You are relieved for her.

Feline

Oct 25, 2012
East Devon
Sad how I've moved from one section to another in each forum and finally I'm here with much sadness and relief if I'm being honest.
Another chapter, still feeling shocked even though it was expected... She passed away tonight...

I was with her and it was a peaceful experience.. And I'm glad I was there for her....

My condolences to you , it must have been such a comfort to her, knowing you were there with her right to the end.
Sent with love

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
I'm so sorry to hear your news, gillybean. I do understand that you feel some relief, which I think is only natural, given how your mum has suffered.

I am sure you will feel a whole gamut of emotions, none are more valid than any other.

I am so glad your mum's end was peaceful and that you were able to be with her.

Sending you love and (((hugs))), and strength for the days ahead

Lindy xx