tired

chelsea girl

Jan 25, 2015
I care for my mum who has dementia. She broke her hip last summer and spent 5 weeks in hospital. When she came out, she seemed worse than before. Now she shouts whenever shes alone in the room and she also shouts out most of the night. Does anyone else have this from their sufferer and how do they cope?

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Not sure if this is the same, but whenever I leave mum alone in the sitting room she always calls out for me and then comes looking, She is talking a lot in her sleep these days, especially in the first few hours of going to bed.

chelsea girl

Jan 25, 2015
Not sure if this is the same, but whenever I leave mum alone in the sitting room she always calls out for me and then comes looking, She is talking a lot in her sleep these days, especially in the first few hours of going to bed.
hi tin mum can walk but always just sits there shout " where is everyone". She has hallucinations and talks in her sleep but we are so tired because she disturbes us all and is usually awake by 4ish in the morning.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Mum does the WHERE IS EVERYONE too, there is just the two of us here.Some nights I am disturbed by all the talking, but it usually stops after midnight and then peace for a few hours before she is up for the day. I have bought myself a very good pair of ear plugs, does not cut out noise completely but does make me feel like there is a bit of a gap between our bedrooms.

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
hi tin mum can walk but always just sits there shout " where is everyone". She has hallucinations and talks in her sleep but we are so tired because she disturbes us all and is usually awake by 4ish in the morning.

Would a radio left on but at a low volume reassure her that there were people around here? Would music help?

chelsea girl

Jan 25, 2015
Would a radio left on but at a low volume reassure her that there were people around here? Would music help?
Might be worth a try! She like music so we could graduate from talking to having a nightly sing song haha. Feel better now just talking to people who understand. Thank you x

jonie

Feb 9, 2015
Mt Dad deteriorating

Dad been in hospital five weeks after having pneumonia. His dementia as deteriorated
so much he as lost two stone. now he just sleeps all the time. But i have noticed the last two days he as started twitching can anyone tell me why.