Won't change clothes

lucylocker

Feb 11, 2015
Any tips please, she even sleeps in them. Takes off in bathroom will shower on own then puts back on again.
WW3 last week when I did it for her

ClaireUK

Apr 17, 2014
Dad puts Mum's clothes on the bed for her, and the same with nightclothes (as a prompt for her to do it herself). I think it's all so trial and error, no 2 people respond the same. We had the same where Mum was wearing clothes for weeks on end. The same with bra's. Tried to put new bra's in her clothes drawer, and she (like all women) feel the difference of a new bra and because they feel different, won't wear them.

Witzend

Aug 29, 2007
SW London
Any tips please, she even sleeps in them. Takes off in bathroom will shower on own then puts back on again.
WW3 last week when I did it for her

Very difficult. MY FIL was a nightmare over this, but at least he didn't sleep in them. Maybe once a week I used to watch like a hawk for when he went to the loo first thing, zoom in and swop the lot. He never noticed.

Could you perhaps 'accidentally' spill something very messy down her? Followed by, 'Ooh, sorry - I don't know what's wrong with me today...' etc.

ASH74

May 18, 2014
I have several sets of the same clothes for FIL....therefore swap without noticing ...including washable slippers.

Prior to this I used my school teacher / parent voice .......give me your clothes I will wash them etc etc

It is an ongoing battle ......FIL's answer is he clothes aren't dirty .....and washing ruins them, stealth was the answer!

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

sistermillicent

Jan 30, 2009
My first thought is, wow, her mum showers. Because my mum wouldn't wash.
The spilling something harmless but messy on the clothes idea is a good one.
Mum had one set of clothes that quite literally fell to pieces over the years that she wore them, they were her security. eventually I grabbed them one evening when we finally managed to get her in the bath, and washed the lot, like you I'm afraid, and bore the consequences.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Does she lock herself in bathroom when stripping off, if not sneak in wet all clothes, She may not want to put wet/damp clothes back on. I had the same problem with my mum this time last year plus the added burden of not wanting to shower or bath. I discovered at the same time that she would only wear a certain outfit, she became very attached to 2 sets of clothes.

Bikingbint

Jan 18, 2015
she became very attached to 2 sets of clothes
Tin, I am with you there on that one, mum will only change clothes once a week on a Sunday when she has her weekly was/shower, this includes underwear, of which she will wear two pairs of knickers at the same time permanently for the week.

Bikingbint

jkems

Feb 13, 2015
My mil does this too. Every morning she puts her pjs in the wash (without a tablet though) but she wears the same clothes for weeks on end. Totally inappropriate clothes too for the weather - 3/4 length summer trousers. Any attempt to wash them is met with total refusal saying she washed them this morning/yesterday although she didn't. Is this like a security blanket type of thing?