Waiting for the end

Lancashirelady

Oct 7, 2014
Well we are still here watching and waiting. The syringe driver is now in place so no more need to keep calling out nurses through the night. Mum is unconscious and very peaceful. She will go when she is ready and all we can do is be here . It's a strange range of emotions , really want it to be over, but terrified that when the end finally comes my journey with mum and my purpose for the last year will be done. So a big part of me is just not ready ......

We went thorugh this with my dad last year. It's a terrible time just waiting. Do keep talking to your Mum and reassure her even though she's unconscious. Hugs

VickyG

Feb 6, 2013
Birmingham
Well we are still here watching and waiting. The syringe driver is now in place so no more need to keep calling out nurses through the night. Mum is unconscious and very peaceful. She will go when she is ready and all we can do is be here . It's a strange range of emotions , really want it to be over, but terrified that when the end finally comes my journey with mum and my purpose for the last year will be done. So a big part of me is just not ready ......

Hi

Just thought i'd drop by again and ask how things are......... At least the SD is in place and your Mum is peaceful.
I don't think we're ever actually ready. I thought I was with Mum, but 6 months on and the emotions are still all over the place.

Hoping the peace continues for your Mum and she slips away gently x

Last edited:

Ladybird23

Feb 28, 2014
My thoughts are with you, and we are in the same situation, just waiting. End of Care is in place and we are getting the support we need.

Janey russ

Jan 2, 2014
My mother slipped away

My mother passed away very peacefully at 1.10 this morning. She looked so peaceful all her worries and troubled mind at rest. I was holding her hand and she knew she was loved , safe and not alone. Our journey together through this disease is at an end . Exhausted but grateful her death was so serene. Thank you everyone for your support. It is time to rest now and make sense of it all.

Janey russ

Jan 2, 2014
Love and strength to you all

My thoughts are with you, and we are in the same situation, just waiting. End of Care is in place and we are getting the support we need.

My journey is over now, mother slipped away peacefully. I wish you strength and llove when your journey reaches its close. Stay strong x

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm sorry to read your news Janey. I'm glad your mum is at peace though. Wishing you strength.

submarine

Apr 5, 2013
London
It's very reassuring that the journey's end can be so peaceful.

I wish all the best to Janey for the next portion of her life.

Thinking of you all,

Submarine

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

twinklestar

Sep 14, 2014
In my thoughts and prayers

It's 330 in the morning and I am here just waiting for the end. The doctor came earlier and gave pain and agitation injections but these have worn off so the nurse is on her way to do it all again. Syringe driver being fitted tomorrow. We all feel we are nearing the end of our painful and very sad journey together.

I cannot imagine how you are feeling at present. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. Peace will come.

Gigglemore

Oct 18, 2013
British Isles
So sorry for your loss Janey Hope you have been able to get some rest.

You did a wonderful job looking after your mum now please remember it is time to look after yourself as she would want you to.

VickyG

Feb 6, 2013
Birmingham
Sending you my best wishes and condolences, I'm glad your Mum slipped away gently and peacefully.
Get some rest and look after yourself......
Vicky x

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I'm so sorry to read of your Mum's passing-but glad for you all that it was peaceful

Please try to take care of yourself now

Thinking of you

Lyn T XX