Goodbye my love .... John died today

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Sorry to hear about your mother, sweet. You are right about Scarlett and the other TPers here. They are a source of great comfort. Wishing you peace.

Sent from my GT-N5110

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
My lovely mum passed away midnight on Friday, aged 92.... 3 and a half years with dementia. TP is a massive source of comfort.

I've come upon your thread and have read it through over the last 2 days when I needed a quiet moment.

You won't realise Scarlett how you've helped me , along with all the others who have posted...and my mums only been gone 3 days. I don't know why I find its so comforting here, I have a lovely family and friends. I think it's the honest emotion that's expressed.

So Scarlett and everone else ..thank you
Sweet xxxx

I'm so very glad that this has helped you, Sweet, and so very sorry that your lovely Mum has passed, to join The January Lads. My oh my, they are needing plenty of extra seats Up There.

You are so fortunate in having a lovely family and friends, but TP is such a source of comfort for so many of us. The knowledge that there are others who really understand is like having a warm, cosy blanket enveloping you when times are tough.

May your dear Mum's sweet soul Rest In Peace. xxxx

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
And then I got a puncture. :eek: Someone had discarded a huge screw in the road which neatly embedded itself in my tyre. The RAC were here in 10 minutes, repaired it, and then directed me to the nearest K*** Fit that had a replacement tyre in stock.

I cried on the RAC man's shoulder, and he patted me and said not to worry, these things happen. But it just seemed like something else I could do without. But, hey ho, that's life. Hoping everyone has had all-right-ish weekends.

pony-mad

May 23, 2014
Mid-Wales
The RAC man or your knight in shining armour.......and a shoulder to cry on. Couldn't we all do with one of those?
I hope things are turning round for you Scarlett!
Good night; sweet dreams x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
The RAC man or your knight in shining armour.......and a shoulder to cry on. Couldn't we all do with one of those?
I hope things are turning round for you Scarlett!
Good night; sweet dreams x

Thank you sweetie. Have now posted on several other threads, and feel useful.

Margaret938

Hello Scarlett,
I cannot imagine what you must be going through just now, losing John is such a heartbreak. I hate people giving me 'advice' saying things like "George is in the best place" I feel like slapping their face and saying no he isn't the best place is at home with me. Then I get the ones who say "you have to move on and enjoy your free time, George wouldn't want you to hide yourself away" What do they or anyone know about what George would want or how I feel. The only time I feel alive is when I visit him every afternoon in the ch....it is what I want to do, and no one has the right to tell me otherwise. I know how you feel Scarlett, and it hurts to think of you hurting. Ignore all the well wishers with the advice which you do not need or want, deal with it yourself in your own way and your own time. John would be proud of you whatever you do . Love Margaret xx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Thank you sweetie. Have now posted on several other threads, and feel useful.

You are always useful Scarlett-never think any different.

Two days ago my totally horrible neighbour stopped me in the street and was waffling on about MY bungalow and how the previous owners had made a mistake when they added the conservatory. My eyes glazed over-I had no idea what he was talking about. To escape him I said I must be going and the bungalow suited me. 'Well that's good' he said 'But you are on your own so you have only yourself to consider'.:eek:

How insensitive. I'm afraid I rather lost it and told him that he was an insensitive fool who must have severe personality problems if he couldn't see that was a very cruel thing to say. (not the first comment he has made.) I also told him not to speak to me again unless it was absolutely necessary.

I've lived in this house for two years and from the beginning he has tried to bully me-as he has done to every woman who lives on her own. I won't have it! I was furious-but I felt good that I called him a fool. The man is a creep

Sorry for having a non dementia related rant.

Love to you all

Lyn T

ps I think my own January Lad would have been cheering me on-Pete hated bullying and insensitivity of any kind:D;):cool:

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
Well done Lyn, I hope the idiot was shocked and will hopefully think before he speaks in future. How on earth can he think a comment about YOUR house is at all important? What is wrong with some people? Xx

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Good for you Lyn. In the mood I'm in at the moment, I might have given him rather more! I just don't understand some people,

pony-mad

May 23, 2014
Mid-Wales
Brilliant Lyn
I have been in that situation and the right words only come to me later
I'm sure Pete was cheering you on. X

hokeycokey

Feb 24, 2014
Well done Lyn!
Scarlett so sorry your daughter is behaving like this, I know only too well what difficult daughters can be like as mine is still very angry that her father is in a CH because she doesn't really understand the challenges that had to be faced when he was at home.
I never thought I needed counselling when going through the CH scenario but I have day it was really really good - obviously for different reasons but if you find one you like it can be very beneficial x

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Well done Lyn, I hope the idiot was shocked and will hopefully think before he speaks in future. How on earth can he think a comment about YOUR house is at all important? What is wrong with some people? Xx

I don't think that he is overly bright! The mouth opens before the brain wakes up:D

He has said things before about my conservatory. He's worried because my house is bigger than his I think;) I hope I never come across as a person who celebrates having a bigger house than my neighbour. It's crazy. I won't even go into what he said when I replaced my car for a less ancient one:eek: As far as I'm concerned we moved to the Bungalow because Pete couldn't cope with the steps/stairs in our old house-end of. The car was replaced because the old one needed a lot doing to it and I was worried I wouldn't be able to visit Pete so often if it broke down-end of again.

Every thing was for Pete-not for acquiring possessions or being showy.

GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Well done Lyn - some people just never think before opening their mouths. On my perambulation round the village yesterday with the dog I was asked (1) had I got another man yet? (2) how was I finding life on my own now? (3) conversation with several people who had attended the Funeral but didn't mention anything about it, or my husband, or my situation - just the weather and state of the Nation. I ended up wanting to scream abuse in all directions. Seems we are soon forgotten - unless we can be useful to others. Such is life.

Keep your chin up - we are hear for you and understand WIFE

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Well done that girl! What a horrible neighbour to have. Hope he never comes near you again. It's wrong to wish suffering on others but am tempted to do that
As for your fellow villagers, WIFE, well I was going yo say I'm gobsmacked, but I'm not really as we all know how thoughtless and insensitive some people are. WE all understand and try not to do that to others.

Hope you are feeling a bit better, Scarlett. Things are really piling on your shoulders when you don't need them. Just glad the RAC man was so kind.

Love to you all.

Verityxx
Sent from my GT-N5110

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I don't know about Pete cheering you on Lyn - there was an absolute scrum amongst the January Lads trying to get a good view, and yelling things out like "Go on gel, you tell 'im" and loud applause from them all!! :)

I'm now off to watch Mrs Miniver on BBC2, which I've seem zillions of times, and I know will have me in tears. :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katejacko