CHC and maximum assets

catbells

Jun 14, 2010
Cambridgeshire
Thank you for the link Cloverland - I`ll have a good read and I`ll also contact my ex-colleague to find out who he contacted , the man at the top, and take it from there. I`ll keep you posted.
Bye for now
Heather

catbells

Jun 14, 2010
Cambridgeshire
CHC and change of circumstances due to pressure ulcer

HI all again. Can anyone explain to me why a Stage 3 pressure ulcer has to be reported to CQC please. The CH seem not to be able to do this other than this is our procedure.
AND - as my previous posts re CHC assessments, does the reporting of a Stage 3 pressure ulcer trigger CHC to review as Mum`s needs have changed although the CH are manging the situation. The infection was caught in time but has knocked Mum off her feet. She is exhausted and I and the carers drew up a new careplan to manager her present condition. District Nurses checking and changing dressings almost daily and I understand after 4 weeks now, the wound is showing signs of healing, but she now has a hospital bed, a boot to protect the ankle and bed rest morning and afternoon as she is so tired. She is turned 2 hourly over 24 hrs. Does this come under the "nursing" category. I had a look at the government link sent by Cloverland, page 11 states people with memory problems are entitled to funding - but still confused. would welcome comments.
heather x:):):)

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
does the reporting of a Stage 3 pressure ulcer trigger CHC to review as Mum`s needs have changed
Just to say that my husband had a grade 4 pressure sore on his hand, as well as many other severe health problems, but was not considered eligible for CHC funding.

The pressure sore did not develop because of neglect, far from it, the efforts of the nurse, GP, DN and nursing manager of the NH were second to none in trying to get the area to heal and to protect the area in the first place, However, with insulin-dependent diabetes, PAD and a contracted hand involved, it proved impossible.

Different CHC teams in the country vary in their generosity, so you may well be more fortunate - but don't count on it!

catbells

Jun 14, 2010
Cambridgeshire
Hi Saffie. thank you for your comments. I think its the result of the infection that has speedied up the sudden change in her situation. With cardio vascular in her experience, the patterns is: chip, chip chip BANG, lost something speech, mobility etc but regains something, then off we go again chip chip chip BANG the Bangs happen annually around November, and this pressure sore infection was discovered December. She had weeks of recovering from two bouts of sickness & dia, then this. So now more in bed that used to be, up for meals at the table, then bed rest, and sleeping during the bedrest. Mobility obviously out of the question now as she is used to resting. Wheelchaired. Bed baths. Turned 2 hourly days and night, disctrict nurses checking. I don`t expect miracles from this, I see it has a massive BANG and don`t have great expectations for the following weeks.
However, clarification on CHC is so complicated i just can`t gather the fight in me, its more important I spend time with her. I have always visited her daily expect when on holiday to recharge the batteries, I feed her at lunchtime (feeling I`m involved din her care more) and I can see she is totally exhausted. Thank you again I`ll let everyone know if CHC are invited back again by the CH or CQC who I udnerstand are aware of the sTage 3 ulcer as advised by the CH. Bye for now. thanks to all. Heather x:)