Hello

tootyruthy

Jan 20, 2015
Hi, I'm new to this forum. It is good to read other people's stories. My Mum has Alzheimer's Disease... she was diagnosed a year ago but my Dad and I knew something was wasn't right for about 2 years before that. My mum is 72 and I'm 30. I worry about the future and how bad things will get. I think about the past and become concerned about trying to remember or realise what is my mum and what is the dementia. I worry about my Dad.
I don't have much to say, but thought I'd say hello!

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hi tootyruthy and welcome
I stopped worrying about the future ages ago, I found out that in time the future becomes the present and then it becomes the past and as the present and the past are OK then why worry about the future:)
K

irishmanc

Jan 14, 2015
Manchester
Welcome and try to take each day as it comes and not look too far ahead. Take as much advice as you can (TP is a great start) and try to stay positive (not easy).

Sweet

Jun 16, 2014
Hello and welcome too...

This forum has been a lifeline and great comfort for me, I'm sure it will be for you x

Optomistic

Jul 24, 2014
Manchester
Take each day as it comes if its a good one best to enjoy it while you can. Make memories do all things that make you happy. I did a lot of worrying about the future when my husband was first diagnosed it made me feel stressed. I cope better taking it as it comes.

Alison N

Jan 3, 2015
Surrey
What everyone on this thread has said is so true. TP'ers have helped me enormously and I hope they can help you too. I can't really add to what they have said but welcome.

susy

Jul 29, 2013
North East
Welcome. I do like your user name.

Everyone's journey is different but when problems occur, there are people who have already been there before you and will share their coping mechanisms or at very least let you know you are not on your own. So do keep posting and reading. Xxx