Acceptance that it will take as long as it takes

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
Glad your mum is at peace and that you were with her. Strength and hugs for you for the coming months.

VickyG

Feb 6, 2013
Birmingham
Mum died at 1.35 this morning. It was what we hoped for, peaceful and pain free to the end. I never thought I would sense the time but I did and was able to sit and hold her hand and talk to her, through the last moments. Something to treasure in the future.
I feel numb and quite unemotional at the moment. Will try to keep busy for a while.
So many of you have been on this journey and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your thoughts and support. I have been lucky in the support we have had from professionals, family, friends and neighbours. A hard and challenging time was made easier. I truly wish it could be the same for everyone.
xx

My deepest condolences are with you at this moment Laine.
I am glad your Mum was kept comfy and pain free until her end. I am so glad that you were with her, holding her hand. This, she will take with her and will continue to hold eternally.
We are all here with you, and for you so remember that when you're feeling sad, lonely or just need a shoulder. We'll all be holding the virtual tissue for you.

Take a breath and try to get through things one step at a time. Take care now and keep in touch.
Vicky x

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
My condolences to you. So pleased you had good support from everyone around you. Makes such a difference xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Laine I'm so very, very sorry that your dear Mum has passed. You must have been so close to her to sense when she was slipping away.

Please take the time to look after yourself as you did your Mum

Love,

Lyn T XX

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to read your news Laine, but I'm glad your mum's passing was peaceful and that you were with her. Wishing you strength.

Gigglemore

Oct 18, 2013
British Isles
So sorry for your loss, hope you have been able to get some rest. Wishing you and your family strength for the days ahead, and that you can all take a little comfort in your grief at knowing that she passed peacefully.

CJW

Sep 22, 2013
Sending sympathy to you and your familly. I am so pleased for your mother and you that you were with her and know from experience that there is great consolation in having been there for her till the very end. You have been a great daughter and I'm sure your mum was very proud of you. With love....

Sweet

Jun 16, 2014
Sending my condolences to you Laine. I'm glad you were with your mum holding her hand. That's what I hope for x