sad

christmas

Apr 27, 2014
Leicestershire
Hi today was the first time Peter has talked about is illness ,we were talking about the new year and I said I wonder what this year will bring and he said not a lot for me with what I have got, I hope I did right I said not to worry it will be years before any thing happens and I would look after him no matter what , it seemed to cheer him up x

Rheme

Nov 23, 2013
England
Hi Christmas,

You did exactly right by keeping a positive attitude about the situation. This will help keep his spirits up (and yours).

It is a long road we all journey and keep posting as everyone on here will help and support you loads.

Have a brilliant 2015.

x

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hi Christmas
In some ways I'm surprised how little has changed for us in the past year, we don't go out as often but that does mean I drink less, we still go out on our barge but not where there's any locks to open and close, gradually I've taken over more of the jobs around the house other than that not a lot different.
Like Rheme said keep positive, don't count your losses count your blessings.
K

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
So agree , also looked back on the year and nearly 4 years into the journey John is holding up well :) we still do most of the things but John is a bit slower and tires easy and his short term memory is affected as well as finding the right words and numbers. Our good days still outweigh the bad ones :) I just enjoy every day x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
This is now Bill's 14th year since diagnosis. He was diagnosed in October 2001. While his dementia us quite far advanced now we still do lots of things together. We enjoy a full life. It's not the life I would have hoped for but I believe a positive attitude helps us to dace the changes and challenges.

Good luck on your journey together Christmas. x

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Gosh Izzy I didn't realise it has been 14 years ! I take strength from your posts and admire your positive attitude which shines through :) I hope I can be as brilliant as you as we are only at the beginning of this journey :) x

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Bill has been lucky with the slow progression of his dementia - if luck is a word that can be used in relation to dementia!

Last edited:

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Bill has been lucky with the slow progression of his dementia - if luck us a word that can be used in relation to dementia!

Yes, I know what you mean with luck! Never known an illness where there are so many variations and everyone's journey is so different! I'm still learning as I go along and TP is such a support , without you guys I would be terrified but since joining in April I feel understood and supported :) x

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan