Help I'm struggling

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Well done you.

There are a lot of us on TP wishing that that special someone was still with us.

Enjoy the day with your children.

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
I was holding my breath for you. So glad things are going well. You are much stronger than you know - as we all can see. The strongest people of all are those who are able to admit they feel weak.

A peaceful Christmas to you and all those you love.

2197alexandra

Oct 28, 2013
Sileby
Well it ended up being a lovely day. The girls are cuddled up with me on the settee going to call it a day soon. Had a couple of moments when I couldn't keep my tear but I soon fixed it with a smile watching dad's grand children playing. We lit a candle tonight for dad and put it in a home made candle jar my best friend had made me for Christmas.

Good night TP ers xxxxx

VickyG

Feb 6, 2013
Birmingham
Hi ya,

So glad Christmas worked out ok for you and lovely that you lit a candle for your Dad. Sure he would of been smiling down on you all xx

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Well done you...Next Year won't be so hard, because it won't be the 1st.
You've been through such a hard time, now ease off on yourself and start smiling again...go on, give the kids a shock!!;):D:D
and Happy New Year.x.x

2197alexandra

Oct 28, 2013
Sileby
Finally had my house inspection this morning and I'm pleased to say I passed with flying colours. I have spent the past two weeks cleaning every single nook and cranny.
I have never been so anxious about anything in my life and I don't know why. My house was a mess yes but not dirty.

I spent so much time in dad's room before he died I ley the rest of the house gp to ruin really. But all it needed was a good sort out. So the second boxing day was over I started cleaning and cleaning to the point that my hubby went crazy at me this morning even shaking me telling me to stop the house is like a palace.

I was so scared I'd get my four weeks notice because it was not how I usually keep things. I'm a bit ocd with cleaning. That I convinced myself that seeing as everything else was going wrong I would probably lose the house too. The thought of having to find new accommodation with four kids and half of dad's life still here was beginning to make me feel very ill.

Feeling really silly now that I worried so much my house really is lovely I just couldn't see it.

Now I think I'm finally clear in the head to start dealing with my emotions over the fact my dad only died four weeks ago. Cause now I have all these spare hours in the day I haven't a clue what to do. I am well and truly lost.

Gigglemore

Oct 18, 2013
British Isles
So glad you have the worry about the house out of the way. Four weeks since the loss of your dear Dad is no time at all, of course you are still feeling lost and shell-shocked, especially given the time of year his loss hit you.

Time to focus on your lovely kids and husband - and of course on YOU. Thinking of you.

Rathbone

May 17, 2014
West Sussex
Just caught up with your thread Alexandra and had my heart in my mouth all the way through. But you pulled it off and everyone, especially the children, had a good time. Even you I think. Well done indeed for sticking with it and leaning on the wonderful TP Support Tower. Now it's time to find something you have always wanted to do and get on and do it - just for you. Don't let all that spare time get spent on more housework, do something for you. You deserve it and I'll take a chance on guessing what your Dad would have told you to do. X Loving thoughts. Shelagh:)

2197alexandra

Oct 28, 2013
Sileby
Back in the same pub where I came the day dad died for my daughters birthday party. Its my other daughters birthday today and she wanted to come here so I couldn't say no is the only play pub for kids near us.

Well I thought I'd be ok but I'm sat just where me and dad used to sit watching the girls play. It feels so wrong sitting here without him by my side.
Even though the noise is deafening in here dad used to love coming and watching the kids all screaming having fun.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Memories can be so painful Alexandra-even if they are associated with previously happy times.

I'm so sorry that your thoughts are sad. As time goes on I hope that in some way the happy times will over ride your feelings of loss.

Love,

Lyn T XX

2197alexandra

Oct 28, 2013
Sileby
Today we start to clear dad's house. Before I can even start on his stuff I have 38 years of memories in my old bedroom of my own to start sifting through. I have filled a transit van with just my things. Think I shall put them straight in my loft.

Not one of the invisibles have turned up to help. The last two weekends they have been busy with golf etc so I said ok a day in the week if that helps. Obviously it hasn't. I'm sure they will moan though as I have took my mother's writing desk.

Does anybody have any idea what I can do with about a thousand books.

Pickles53

Feb 25, 2014
Radcliffe on Trent
The Heart Foundation does collections - ring up your nearest and ask if they want the books, and anything else you want rid of quick

If you call BHF do check what they need you to do in order to collect; the local branch near mum's house advertised a house clearance service, but when the lady came to discuss it she explained that we had to pack and box everything they took except furniture and large electrical appliances.

grouse

Nov 11, 2013
how is the clearing out going alexandra?

like you, I had to clear out mums house myself as the invisibles had more important things to do, I found it the hardest thing I've ever ever done.

I had to clear the house within 2 weeks of the funeral as the council wanted the keys back, it was just awful.

I really hope it isnt as painful for you xx