Friend ship

pins tony

Oct 20, 2014
bristol
Hello all of you out there, I wrote some time ago about being lonely and not wanting to use a dating site well here goes I did, it seems to be a good site and to cut a long story short I have arranged to see some one on Thursday, she says she is just looking for friendship the same as me, we seem to have a lot in common I have not told anyone else about this, I fill so guilty doing this but as you know I see my lovely wife June every day and it is so hard all the family say I need to not visit so often but I don't no if this is what thy had in mind I would just not turn up but I just don't know what to do, have anyone of you out there done a similar thing any advice would be helpful Take care out there

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Well, Tony, all I can say is that if I had dementia and lived in a home, I would hope that my hubby would meet someone else and be happy again. I've told him this, so he knows. I am secure in his love for me and know that that will never die, and that like you with your dear wife, he would never ever abandon me, but I love him too and want him to be happy. Loneliness is a terrible thing that I wouldn't wish on anybody.

I hope your date goes well and that you make a new, good, friend.

Good luck x

pins tony

Oct 20, 2014
bristol
Date

Well, Tony, all I can say is that if I had dementia and lived in a home, I would hope that my hubby would meet someone else and be happy again. I've told him this, so he knows. I am secure in his love for me and know that that will never die, and that like you with your dear wife, he would never ever abandon me, but I love him too and want him to be happy. Loneliness is a terrible thing that I wouldn't wish on anybody.

I hope your date goes well and that you make a new, good, friend.

Good luck x
Thanks for your messages I think I will give it a try, I will let you all know how it goes Take care xx

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
Dear Tony, would just like say please don't feel guilty in wanting and needing friendship now, you obviously adore your wife and that will never go away, hopefully new friendships will enhance this, well done on making this massive leap of faith, and i hope all goes well for you..if not this time..the next time.
Take care
Chris

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
I also wanted to say please don't just not turn up, because it may well have taken this lady a lot of courage to take this step too, just like you. If you do decide against it, perhaps you could still go, and explain to her. I'm sure she would prefer that.

But, I still say go and give it a try. It may be just what you need and something really special may come of it, who knows?

xx

KingB

May 8, 2011
Berkshire
Best of luck with meeting up with a new friend. And well done for making that positive move forward. Don't feel guilty, this takes nothing away from your wife, in fact it will give her a happier husband.

Kate and jack

Jan 19, 2014
Southend on sea in essex
Tony
You have some time left
Make the most of it
Never have quilt,easy said I know
But you have needs ,just like your wife does
And regardless of the situation,they need to be met
My dad is ready to move on,he's still fairly young,73
Mum is in the 7 th year dementia and Is 67
He went on a cruise last year had a well deserved break