What a turnaround, hoorah

SueShell

Sep 13, 2012
Orpington
Rang SW at hospital. Told her what had happened, but didn't get angry just broke down in tears and she knew I was desperate. The upshot is she is arranging a CH place. She said she'd source CHs with vacancies, phone me with list of them with phone numbers, I can make arrangements direct with them to visit them. A result!

Went to see Mum in hospital earlier than usual. Tried to explain to her in the kindest way possible. She's quite poorly, not eating and is now down to 6 stone. I think she's given up. Anyway I told her and she seemed quite accepting and that I can take some of her possessions with her.

True to her word, SW rang me with addresses and phone numbers of CHs and I've already checked out on QCC website. Seeing two tomorrow. Now feeling so guilty but I know its the best thing for Mum and me now. Thank you everyone for your support, Sue xx

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
A good result at last for you Sue. Try not to feel guilty, as you know you are doing the best thing possible for your mum and for you, and you matter. You've done a great job, and at last people are listening to you. You can help make your mum comfy and she will have constant company and care, and you can get yourself well again. Hugs xxx

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Oh that's brilliant, Sue Shell :)

I am sure that your mum will be comfortable, and you will be able to rest and recuperate. This is great news :D x

henfenywfach

May 23, 2013
rct
Rang SW at hospital. Told her what had happened, but didn't get angry just broke down in tears and she knew I was desperate. The upshot is she is arranging a CH place. She said she'd source CHs with vacancies, phone me with list of them with phone numbers, I can make arrangements direct with them to visit them. A result!

Went to see Mum in hospital earlier than usual. Tried to explain to her in the kindest way possible. She's quite poorly, not eating and is now down to 6 stone. I think she's given up. Anyway I told her and she seemed quite accepting and that I can take some of her possessions with her.

True to her word, SW rang me with addresses and phone numbers of CHs and I've already checked out on QCC website. Seeing two tomorrow. Now feeling so guilty but I know its the best thing for Mum and me now. Thank you everyone for your support, Sue xx

Sense at last...youre doing the best you can for your mum..I hope you find somewhere both of you are comfortable with..I hope when the time comes that I have to do the same that I ll have the same courage and strength youve shown..obviously you ll still worry about her but you need time to breathe too! Best wishes

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Talking Point mobile app

florabunda

Nov 13, 2014
So sorry you have had such a horrible time - you are a total hero. Your mum will be every bit as happy in a care home where she can be looked after properly, and you have time to do the nice bits. Best of luck tomorrow.

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Sue, so pleased you finally are finally getting some support at last.

Don't be rushing into finding a home, make sure you are happy with your choice.

Well done lady.. Xx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Indeed, very well done Sue. Go with your instinct in finding the best care home for your Mum. Try to look through the fixtures and fittings (doesn't always make the best CH/NH) Try to find out the staff turnover and how often agency staff are used, and staff to resident ratio. You have got this far-you will find the best care for your Mum.
Take care

Lyn T XXXX

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It's such a shame you had to get to breaking point before you were listened to but at least you have a positive outcome.

Please don't feel guilty. You have done your best to the extent where your own health has suffered. I hope you find somehere nice for your mum.

angecmc

Dec 25, 2012
hertfordshire
Well done Sue, you should never have been put through all this hell to get to this point though, will toast you and your Mum with a glass of wine as we bring in the New Year, wishing you a peaceful 2015 xx

Ange

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa