Iam Such an IDIOT

worriedson1

Jan 30, 2012
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I shouldnt feel as AWFUL as i do the now as i didnt know but.......here is what happend at the home today.

Sitting with my mum in the lounge and in walks my mum's pal in the home "L" and gave her a hug as i hadnt seen her in weeks and was a nice surprise, she sat with my mum and i and i innocently thought about getting a photo of the 3 of us so i went up to a member of staff and asked(who just happend to be the senior carer) and she said no as it was not allowed and she must have seen the puzzled /taken aback look on my face as she said it woud require relatives consent or something as to do with confidentlality and also as they are vulnerable and i started to think of the photos that has been taken of my mum,"L" and i(and one of my mates) in the home and even had took aselfie of L and i ,, dread rippled thru me and i told them and they said it was not allowed and i went into utter and complete panic and anxiety mode in other words my GAD http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Anxiety/Pages/Symptoms.aspx
I was offering profuse and sincere apologies by the minute, i even showed member of staff my phone the photos and i deleted them in front of her.

I feel like a right POS:(.

Last edited:

jasmineflower

Aug 27, 2012
Hey! Don't give yourself such a hard time! You did it with a good kind heart and with the best of intentions. We can all understand why these measures are put in place but I wouldn't think anyone would think the worst of you for not knowing. It must happen a lot.

To be honest, you are a loving son there visiting your mum which is more than a lot of people in the homes have.

Please don't worry about it for another minute.
J xx

worriedson1

Jan 30, 2012
Hey! Don't give yourself such a hard time! You did it with a good kind heart and with the best of intentions. We can all understand why these measures are put in place but I wouldn't think anyone would think the worst of you for not knowing. It must happen a lot.

To be honest, you are a loving son there visiting your mum which is more than a lot of people in the homes have.

J xx

I was nearly in tears today and i had said i had sent a selfie of L and i to one of my mates and i told the member of staff my mates love L a member of staff said to me it was fine, just i know not to do it again, innocently done she said as "you were wanting to show your mum and her pals" and i had said who i had asked originally was quite serious with me and she said that is cos she was the senior carer.

worriedson1

Jan 30, 2012
And Poor L who at first was in "Normal" mode rapidly switched into Dementia mode as i asked her again(had gave her some my irn bru) if she wanted a "top up" and she ROARED "NO" at me and was still in "dementia mode" when i left as she said to me as i was sitting my mum at the dining table , L roared to ME "GET OUT" and well my mum thought it was directed at her and got up from the table and arrrgh what a day, i left the home when my mum's back was turned.

greenpea

Aug 12, 2014
I think you should put it out of your mind now. What's done is done. I certainly wouldn't have thought I shouldn't take photos. You were only taking photos of your mum and her friend as anyone would have outside of the home. And you've deleted them so no real harm done. My sister took photos of our dad yesterday and one of the other residents was in the background. Doubt she would have thought of that and no-one told her otherwise.

worriedson1

Jan 30, 2012
I think you should put it out of your mind now. What's done is done. I certainly wouldn't have thought I shouldn't take photos. You were only taking photos of your mum and her friend as anyone would have outside of the home. And you've deleted them so no real harm done. My sister took photos of our dad yesterday and one of the other residents was in the background. Doubt she would have thought of that and no-one told her otherwise.

True, i just got into such a panic:eek: i've pm'd my mate on fb asking him to delete the selfie i sent him of L and i even when i was going out the staff were saying for me to pretty much calm down and not to worry when i brought it up for the trillionth time and i was worried any of the staff would be angry at me but they said no.

worriedson1

Jan 30, 2012

J xx

Thanks for your Kind Words:)

sistermillicent

Jan 30, 2009
you are NO way an idiot, you are a loving son and probably bring a lot of entertainment and distraction to the residents of your mums care home. You have not done any harm, don't worry.

Linbrusco

Mar 4, 2013
Auckland...... New Zealand
Yes please don't give yourself a hard time. It's not as if you knew their rules and totally disregarded them.
It's all so hard these days. Even at my childrens school we have to give permission if their photo or video is allowed on the school website or any publications.
My in laws live in Australia, and now they aren't allowed to photograph or video their children in a school play or at even a prizegiving. :eek:

As said you did it with best intentions :)

worriedson1

Jan 30, 2012
you are NO way an idiot, you are a loving son and probably bring a lot of entertainment and distraction to the residents of your mums care home. You have not done any harm, don't worry.

Thank You very much:) I hadnt seen L for a bout a week(think she likes to stay in her room a lot sometimes) and ironicly a few days ago i asked the senior carer how L was and of course i understand they cant tell me exactly) and she said L was fine and just keeping herself to herself.

worriedson1

Jan 30, 2012
Yes please don't give yourself a hard time. It's not as if you knew their rules and totally disregarded them.
It's all so hard these days. Even at my childrens school we have to give permission if their photo or video is allowed on the school website or any publications.
My in laws live in Australia, and now they aren't allowed to photograph or video their children in a school play or at even a prizegiving. :eek:

As said you did it with best intentions :)

I can just TELL L is a beautiful soul, Call it Intuition or whatever.

worriedson1

Jan 30, 2012
Glad you are feeling better today. We all get upset about things now and again.

Thanks, when i left the house i was feeling much but not totally better then spoke to a pal of mine who noticed i looked anxious and worried and we chatted for about 90 mins about various things and we both cheered each other up:)