It was all going pretty well....

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I am joining the 2 x CP club. Once when I was 25 and once when I was 26.:eek:

Stanley-I'm all for caution for Sue. Difficult decision though.

Take care

Lyn T XX

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Thanks all.

Sue's dementia was preceded by 15 years or so of debilitating viral infections but since the dementia really took hold she's been remarkably healthy. She gets the odd runny nose cold and that's about it.

Not sure which side of the argument that fact goes on.

Pepper&Spice

Aug 4, 2014
Thanks all.

Jennifer, that's interesting. As for checking with our doctor, remember we're in the UK! Our GP, I guess. will open again on Monday - probably. Even when it's not a holiday time ours opens 4.5 days a week. :(

I'll do some further checking online. Maybe we can get to Mydi's party after all.
Hi Stanley,
Know what you mean about the GP but how about the chemist - there's always an emergency one open somewhere, they should be able to advise you if you are worried. Or you could call NHS 111 - non emergency number

Call 111 if:

•you need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency
•you think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service
•you don't know who to call or you don't have a GP to call
•you need health information or reassurance about what to do next

Usually you will be able to speak to a medical professional or an out of hours doctor and they should be able to help.
It would be a shame to miss things if you don't need to but you do need to protect Sue ( and yourself !) from getting it.
Best wishes, P

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
My daughter did too.
First time she was about 4 and really poorly but the second time, at around 8, she only had it mildly. Both times it was diagnosed by the GP.

That's useful info as I thought my daughter got it the second time and third time due to first time being mild. First and second time she only got one or 2 spots which we (including experienced childminder) thought were nappy rash until the characteristic scabs formed - third time took PJs off and rash all over body. She had been viraly poorly 10 days beforehand which I also think was the CP.

Glad you had a good day Stanleypj and walker combi use went well.

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Well, we're definitely going off to Mydi's 1st birthday party today. I think any risk is very small.

Sue's pretty tired today so we may not stay too long though she may buck up.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I hope you both manage to enjoy the party stanley and also hope Sue`s tiredness does`t do anything to weaken her immunity.

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Thanks Sylvia. Actually Sue perked up while we were there and several people noted that she seemed more alert, e.g. she has her eyes open more and responds to what's going on more often. I think this might actually be down to the Co-careldopa she has been prescribed for the Parkinson's symptoms.

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Thanks jaymor. I should have clarified 'responds'. I meant to say 'responds in her own way' - smiling at humour and clearly attentive at certain points in the conversations.

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Hi Stanley,
Know what you mean about the GP but how about the chemist - there's always an emergency one open somewhere, they should be able to advise you if you are worried. Or you could call NHS 111 - non emergency number

Call 111 if:

•you need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency
•you think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service
•you don't know who to call or you don't have a GP to call
•you need health information or reassurance about what to do next

Usually you will be able to speak to a medical professional or an out of hours doctor and they should be able to help.
It would be a shame to miss things if you don't need to but you do need to protect Sue ( and yourself !) from getting it.
Best wishes, P

Thanks P & S. I have actually used 111 fairly recently so should have thought of that.

Anyway, we went. Sue enjoyed it in her way and people noticed her improved awareness (all relative of course) so that was encouraging.