Goodbye my love .... John died today

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
I am so sorry for your loss Scarlett but glad that John is at peace and that he let you know of his passing. I hope time will be kind to you now

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Talking Point mobile app

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
I'm so sorry to hear of your sad loss scarlett. I wish you peace in the coming days.

You are one of those wonderful members who are able to support and comfort others even when you are having to cope with so much yourself. I am sure you will be in any people's thoughts, as you are in mine.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Thank you all so very much. These messages, from loving friends, such as you, are so precious to me. I have a pile of unopened birthday cards - John's birthday is Christmas Day, and I will open them for him, and they can go with him in the coffin.

My daughter made some phone calls today, including the 5 out of 6 who we hadn't heard from for years, to whom I sent "conscience" Christmas cards, and who'd replied . If John had died tomorrow, I would have said to leave it, but she needed to have something to do as well.

I took Billy out for a long walk so she could make these calls without me here, and apparently every one of the 5 said "oh if only I had visited him", and she tells me that she said "well, it was your choice not to. Must go". Though I expect she may have added a few opinions of her own.

Still operating on autopilot here, but it's the best thing.

matchstick

Dec 22, 2010
glasgow
Thank you all so very much. These messages, from loving friends, such as you, are so precious to me. I have a pile of unopened birthday cards - John's birthday is Christmas Day, and I will open them for him, and they can go with him in the coffin.

My daughter made some phone calls today, including the 5 out of 6 who we hadn't heard from for years, to whom I sent "conscience" Christmas cards, and who'd replied . If John had died tomorrow, I would have said to leave it, but she needed to have something to do as well.

I took Billy out for a long walk so she could make these calls without me here, and apparently every one of the 5 said "oh if only I had visited him", and she tells me that she said "well, it was your choice not to. Must go". Though I expect she may have added a few opinions of her own.

Still operating on autopilot here, but it's the best thing.

I made a few of they calls too this week,Scarlett.x

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
My dear Scarlett. Have just read your sad news. I am glad John came to let you know. As you say, he is at peace now but your grief at losing your beloved man must be all consuming. 50 years is a long time to spend together as I well know and you must feel as though you have lost a limb. My heart goes out to you. Loving thoughts. Verityxx
Sent from my GT-N5110

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
What can I say dear Scarlett - except it is a blessing your lovely man is at last at peace and free from pain and confusion.

Take care of yourself - I am thinking of you both with love.

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Scarlett, I am sad to hear about John, and yet comforted to know he's no longer suffering. You have been a tower of strength, standing by his side and only ever accepting what's right for him.
Thinking about you.

Emomam

Nov 13, 2014
Yorkshire
So sorry to here your sad news. I have only been on tp for a month but your love for john shone through.

My condolences to you and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
My friend, I'm so very, very sorry to read your news. You must be heartbroken but your John is now at peace. You have been steadfast through all of John's illness -it's no wonder he wanted to say farewell for the time being. He rang the bell to let you know that no closed doors can keep you apart. He is free now to go where he wishes and he came straight to you.

Scarlett, on a clear night look to the sky-John will be there protecting you and still loving you.

My heart goes out to you my lovely

Love,

Lyn T XX

hokeycokey

Feb 24, 2014
Scarlett so so sorry but he is now at peace. It's just such a rotten time of year and with his birthday as well. Thinking of you x

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Thinking of you Scarlett at this very sad time peace be with you what an awful time for this to happen too you.♡♡♡♡♡♡