Lpa - gp

Chrismitch

Jun 23, 2011
My GP has just told me that he will have to charge me 'as much as a solicitor would' if he certifies the LPA for my OH!
The one we did for my mother with the solicitors cost us hundreds of pounds!
I'll go and find a neighbour and do the whole thing myself! Fingers crossed I get it all right!

Katrine

Jan 20, 2011
England
Or you could say "thank you, it's worth £25 to get things moving along." Then see if he accepts your price. ;)

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Greedy sod. Is that even allowed? Neighbours or friends are much better as certificate providers anyway. My GP didn't want to know, probably frightened of the responsibility.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
To be fair, GPs have a lot of calls on their time and it could be said that signing legal papers is not a medical thing.
I got friends and neighbours of Mum to sign as her witnessess. They'd known her for over 20 years. I had no problems at all.

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
I am probably being cautious here but I think a lot depends on whether your OH can still sign his name. Mine could when I did it on line and a good friend who is an SRN completed the section that needs verification but it was my understanding that, if he had been unable to do this, then a GP had to complete the form to confirm his mental capacity.

Sent from my GT-N5110

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa