formal reviews of care

connieonny

Feb 9, 2010
uk
If any members would be willing to share with me how many updates they receive about their relatives care I would really appreciate it, both formal and informal.

Anniewragby

Mar 20, 2013
If any members would be willing to share with me how many updates they receive about their relatives care I would really appreciate it, both formal and informal.

My parents have been in their care home for 11months and i had formal review at 3 and 6 months. They have a key worker who updates me whenever she needs to, either face to face or by phone if necessary. All the carers know who I am and often tell me how my parents are or what they have been up to. Hope that helps.

angecmc

Dec 25, 2012
hertfordshire
We have just recently had a review for Mum, at this meeting the care home told us we could opt for a review 3 or 6 monthly or yearly, We have opted for 3 monthly because Mums needs change so drastically on a daily basis xx

Ange

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
I visit Dad every other day always mostly without having to ask get a brief overview of how Dad has been they answer any questions I have or find out promptly and I have a formal review every month. It is a nursing dementia home and although Dad does have some medical needs that are monitored he is as mobile as an 84 yr old with dodgy football and cricket knees can be! He is probably at the end of moderate stage mental impairment but still....just....continent although does now sometimes not recognise what a toilet is. I am impressed with the home's proactive stance on regular reviews and their approachability to me on anything I ask. I hope that others are similar.

Gigglemore

Oct 18, 2013
British Isles
I would love to have formal monthly reviews as my mother seems to be worse each month. I visit every day but have to ask for info and find it helpful to ask to see her file which has the carers' daily comments of any issues. The staff get rotated and there doesn't seem to be a key worker, but I wish there was a constant point of contact who I could address the small issues to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MonkeyFeet