So so tired

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello everyone l am so tired, one week with very little sleep, hubby keeps getting up 2 or 3 in the morning says he is going to work, he is so tired comes back to bed at 5pm then sleeps till 8am l do get maybe 4hrs sleep, but l do need 8, any suggestions?

Chocolateear

Aug 7, 2014
Dorset
It's so debilitating not getting proper sleep. I can't remember the last time I actually had a whole night without having to get up to check his blood sugars, change the bed clothes or have been woken up because he was awake.
It's a difficult one. Sometimes I catch forty winks at lunch time when he's asleep, but apart from that I run on adrenaline.
Sorry I can't be more helpful.
Oh, I did get a whole week of uninterrupted nights a couple of years ago when he was in hospital.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
My sympathies Pamann this is torture. I seem to recall that your husband tried sleeping pills and they didn't work. You really need to get back to the doc because no one can go on without sleep especially when you are having a hard time with dementia during the day.

You also need a break away which I know you were trying to arrange. I find it worrying when carers are pushed to the limits no matter how willing and loyal they are.

Best wishes.

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Thank you chocolateer and Marionq l am going to give my hubby a sleeping pill tonight, it does make him sleep, but he snores so loud that keeps me awake, l tried sleeping in the spare room but couldn't sleep one my own, l will try tonight just to get some sleep, l have been in pain this week with a tooth, having it out on Wed, on AB infection root canal. Hopefully l will cope better next week. ♡♡♡

Hervieux

Mar 31, 2014
South Wiltshire
Totally sympathise Pamann,hope the sleeping pill works for you.Each day is exhausting isn't it,the sheer frustration of having a fully grown baby to deal with.big hugs.xxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Pamann you have my total sympathy too. Mine goes to bed about 7 and sleeps till about 11.30 when he gets up for his first wee, the another about 1.30 then another about 3, by which time he is wide awake and wanting to get dressed, go to the office, school or whatever he's imagining. Sometimes I can persuade him back to bed with a dose of cocodamol for his back pain which may make him sleep a bit more but he'll be up for at least another two/three wees before 7.00. I haven't had an uninterrupted night's sleep since February. I can't sleep in the day as I work full time. He's had his prostate checked and it's OK, the doctor tried him on tablets to reduce his urge to wee but they didn't have much effect. I'm reluctant to go the sleeping pill route in case I then have to deal with wet beds etc. It's a horrible situation. Big hug.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Thank you Hervieux l do feel its like looking after a baby, trouble is it doesn't get better, ♡♡♡

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Pamann -poor you. Sleep deprivation is soul destroying, brain numbing and physically sickening. I can only advise you to speak with the GP and see if anything can be done through the help of medication.

Love

Lyn T XX

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Thank you Jinx, l gave hubby sleeping pill last night, he still gets up 4 or 5 times for a wee, but goes back to sleep, instead of wandering about, they do knock him out, if he has them all the time he gets aggressive, what ever we do we can not win.♡♡♡

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
This is where compassionate caring gets knocked on the head. When you are tired it is hard to think straight never mind be patient with someone talking nonsense or wandering about in the middle of the night wanting to get ready for work.

What is the answer for the thousands of carers in this situation? How much stress is being caused everyday? If only some kind of cure for this damned dementia could be found!

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Thank you Lyn T for thinking of me, you are an insperation to us all, with all that you have gone through, we have tried different sleeping pills they do work but make him aggressive, and very zombie like in the day, more confused. We see the Dr soon so will see what he suggests. Wishing you a peaceful New Year, please stay with us we need you love to you Pam♡♡♡

halojones

May 7, 2014
Hi pamann, I just wanted to offer you sympathy and support...A toothache and lack of sleep! ooh, not good...I hope you can somehow get the rest you need....xxx

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Thank you Halojones, uou are so kind makes me feel better knowing someone listens to my woe's, will be glad to have this tooth out on Wed, ♡♡♡♡♡

kaza2

Dec 15, 2014
Thank you chocolateer and Marionq l am going to give my hubby a sleeping pill tonight, it does make him sleep, but he snores so loud that keeps me awake, l tried sleeping in the spare room but couldn't sleep one my own, l will try tonight just to get some sleep, l have been in pain this week with a tooth, having it out on Wed, on AB infection root canal. Hopefully l will cope better next week. ♡♡♡

Dear Pamann. My sympathies. We're just going through the same phase in our house. (at least I hope it's a phase) the lack of sleep doesn't help you cope the next day. I do hope the sleeping pills work for you. xx

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Thank you Kate fairefield for your kind words, this phase is lasting a long time l think it will last forever, the only cure is sleeping pills, they make him aggressive the next day, because he doesn't have any other health issues only Alzheimers, he is frustrated because the pills make him like a zombie, so causing him to feel aggressive, they may work ok for your hubby. ♡♡♡

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonathan95