The girl in the radiator by Martin Slevin

opaline

Nov 13, 2014
Has anyone read the above book? Found it excellent, although very harrowing but really enlightening. Could relate to lots of it, laugh out loud in places and very sad in others. I borrowed it from the library but would like to read it again, x

jimbo 111

Jan 23, 2009
North Bucks
Has anyone read the above book? Found it excellent, although very harrowing but really enlightening. Could relate to lots of it, laugh out loud in places and very sad in others. I borrowed it from the library but would like to read it again, x

Hello opaline
This book certainly looks worth reading
It can be obtained on Amazon Kindle

Hope you don't mind me adding the review to your thread
Thanks for posting
jimbo111

The Little Girl in the Radiator: Mum Alzheimer's & Me [Kindle Edition]
Kindle edition £ 1.99

Review
'Deeply loving yet wryly comic... The most moving portrait of this cruel disease you'll ever read.' --Daily Mail

'This is not just another isn't dementia awful moan. It is a very honest and clear account of five years of a son looking after his mother - at home, in care homes and hospitals.... Slevin is a great raconteur, and the book is a page-turner. Many of the pages made me laugh out loud... A marvellous read.' -- Dementia Positive

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Hi Opaline if you put the title in the search you will find quite a few threads on this, I read it and enjoyed it,

Jeany

Last edited:

Claire

Mar 31, 2004
Coventry
I have read it and found it excellent and well written. Coincidentally I found that the author's mother was someone I knew aittle, as she lived in the same care home as mine.

traveljan60

Feb 21, 2013

I read this book when it was just literally released and enjoyed reading it. it is filled with humour and is really heartwarming. however, it is equally sad and you can really empathise with the author. i think it is well written and i have suggested that people read it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife