Pete's long goodbye is over

VickyG

Feb 6, 2013
Birmingham
Hi LYN,

I have only just read of your terribly sad news my lovely. Please accept my deepest sympathies and know that I am thinking of you. You have always been there for everyone else, so let us be here for you.

Vicky xx

Caz60

Jul 24, 2014
Lancashire
So sorry .

My beloved Husband passed away today just after 12.30. I was there-it was traumatic-but I hope the trauma was all mine and Pete knew nothing about it. RIP my darling-you will be in my heart forever. Thank you for loving me.

Lyn T

so so sorry for your loss .xxx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
My dear Lyn, I have not been online since the 8th and am sorry I'm late catching up. So very sorry and sad for you that your beloved Pete has gone. He is now at peace, free from this horrible disease.

You must be totally devastated and also worn out. You have both travelled such a long road together over the months.

I can only send you my deepest sympathy, and caring love, and wish you the strength to face this most difficult of times. It will be a comfort to have your daughter with you now.

Thinking of you, with love

Loo xxx

Last edited:

hokeycokey

Feb 24, 2014
Dearest Lyn, so sorry to read this but Pete is now at peace. You have cared for him with so much love and now you must look after yourself at this difficult time. The PM will be routine and they will look after him for you. You are right to tell him that he will be meeting with his family. You were there with him doing what you have been doing just caring, loving and looking after him.
My thoughts are with you x

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Another day and I'm just thinking about you and hoping you are coping Lyn.
I'm also hoping that your daughter was able to stay with you but I know she has children so maybe not.
I remember needing some time just to be alone to grieve too.
Sending my love. xxx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I hope one day I will be aBle to repay all the kindness that has been shown to me; you are all a terrific group of friends.

Saffie, my Dau won't be going home until late this afternoon. She will be on the 4.30 train to Oxford. She wants to take me back to her house but I've declined the offer. I need some peace to collect my thoughts.

M is tremendously good- hearted but I could do with having a good cry:eek: Not just little tears-great big sobbing ones. Of course I have my Mummy mantle on ;) so it won't happen until she leaves. M is not terribly strong emotionally at times, but she sure has done good holding it all together.:)

I hope your days will be peaceful

Love from

Lyn T XX

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Lyn,

I really do understand your need to be alone at this time and am glad you were able to decline. My mum didn't go with her heart and head when my father died, she went to Cornwall with my sister and her family. My mum knew immediately that she'd made a mistake and spent the week longing to be alone at home with the peace of being able to express her authentic self. Like you, she had to keep her mum and grandmum hat on.

Sending love as you tread the path before you. Xx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Yes Lyn. That's what I meant. You need time alone to adjust a little what has happened.
No matter how ill a person is and your thread has been going for a long time, it is still a massive shock when what we have been dreading, but equally knowing will happen, happens.
You need that cry, so badly.
I feel for the agony you are going through.
loads of love. xxxxx

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
You have no kindness to repay Lyn, you are much in credit.

Thinking of you in your grief

Love
Suexx

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Lyn, you have been so generous in your kind words to others, even when things have been so bad for you. I only wish I could be of help.

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
You need time to grieve for yourself and not have to put on a brave face for others. Can't offer advice when I have no experience of what you are going through but am thinking of you in your sadness.

Sent from my GT-N5110

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Lyn

I totally understand, I am still having to be 'all things to others' but I value the time alone, to let my soul heal.

Big Hugs, do what is right for you, so long you have put Pete first, it will be difficult but you need to concentrate on you.

Sending love and prayers xxx

Maymab

Oct 8, 2013
Staffs
Only just caught up with your news, Lyn. So sorry. You were always there for your dear husband and you were there with him at the end. I am sure that is just what he would have wanted. Thinking of you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Talking Point mobile app

sajimjo

Jun 18, 2013
Staffordshire
I have just read about your sad loss and would like to add my heartfelt condolences.
All contributers on here know what an awful disease this is and for the carers it is relentless work. You did all you could and more for Pete.
May I send you some extra strength to cope with the coming days, so that you can experience some peace and calm within you.
God Bless
Sarah

kingmidas1962

Jun 10, 2012
South Gloucs
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, Lyn - and I know completely what you mean by needing some 'aloneness' to think, and grieve. It was what I craved in the days after dad - although the loss of a parent is nothing like a spouse, some things are still the same.

Lots of love to you now as you journey forward. Pete was a very lucky chap xxx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinydaffodil