Care plan review

Brogues

Apr 13, 2014
Hi guys mum has been in her current nursing home for about 16 months and they want me to attend a careplan review - I wasn't involved in her careplans when she went in so can anyone explain what to expect and if I need to prepare anything

Thanks in advance

Witzend

Aug 29, 2007
SW London
I am invited to one of these every year - the CH is very thorough and goes through every aspect of my mother's care - it usually takes around an hour. It is a good time to ask questions and make comments or suggestions, if you have any. One thing I said a couple of years ago, was not to bother trying to get her to take part in activities any more, since she was frankly well past being able to take part or enjoy them, and didn't like having to be chivvied to move from her usual chair if they were taking place in another part of the CH. But the staff had felt obliged to keep trying until I said this.

Brogues

Apr 13, 2014
I am invited to one of these every year - the CH is very thorough and goes through every aspect of my mother's care - it usually takes around an hour. It is a good time to ask questions and make comments or suggestions, if you have any. One thing I said a couple of years ago, was not to bother trying to get her to take part in activities any more, since she was frankly well past being able to take part or enjoy them, and didn't like having to be chivvied to move from her usual chair if they were taking place in another part of the CH. But the staff had felt obliged to keep trying until I said this.

Ohhhhhh thanks, yes I iwll have a think, pretty much the same for mum she gets VERY anxious when being handled should be worth asking if she can have peace as much as possible x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaronL