Dad died today

cheryl k

Sep 9, 2012
I want to share with all my friends on talking point, my Dad passed away in his sleep.
It was a total shock. Dad was doing well, happy and joking with everyone yesterday. The staff checked on him during the night, he was unresponsive and died at 3:30 am.

Thank you everyone for all your support in the good tomes and bad.

Cheryl

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
My deepest sympathy to you at such a sad time and we know that because of its suddenness you must be in terrible shock.

I do hope that you can take some consolation from the fact that he had been happy and that his passing was swift and peaceful.

And I sincerley hope that you too will be able to find peace in that in the grieving time that is to come.

susy

Jul 29, 2013
North East
Sorry to hear your sad news. I hope you take comfort in the fact he was happy on the day he passed and he simply went to sleep and didn't wake up. If I could choose, going to sleep after seeing my family and being happy with them and then off I pop with very little fuss, that's exactly how I would want to go.
RIP

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to read about your dad. Sending my condolences.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

meme

Aug 29, 2011
London
so sorry for the loss of your Dad...... he had a peaceful death, that will bring you comfort

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Sad to read your news, sending you my love and sympathies. Jan x

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
I'm so sorry - what a shock it must have been, you must be reeling. I do hope that you can take comfort from the knowledge that his last day was a happy one. Take care x

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I am so sorry. Please accept my sincere symapathy. It is hard to accept an unexpected loss of someone you love as I know but I hope your memories will sustain you in times to come. x

Pickles53

Feb 25, 2014
Radcliffe on Trent
Sending my sympathy to you and your family Cheryl. It's always a shock when the end finally comes, however ill someone is. I think to go to sleep and just not wake up must be the most peaceful way for life to end.