Help - Panicking over inconclusive results

Warrior Mum

Jul 20, 2014
Cambridgeshire
My hubby has just completed his first round of neurological physcometric testing at the Memory Clinic and the results are inconclusive!!

It's been nearly a year since his "Overnight memory loss" started and still no clear cut answers, I just want to SCREAM!!!!! He has now been referred back to the GP to be referred onto Neurology again (The peopke that said that ge is just suffering from a little bit of Depression), who I hold no faith in and further testing relating to toxicology as the Physcologist said it might be something in his body which maybe affecting his brain. Think they are all just grasping at straws :-/???? The Physcologist has confirmed that his executive functioning has become impaired and the some of his cognitive functioning in below average. He's only 34 years old and we have two young boys (7 & 2). What if this is degenerating quickly??? How long are my boys going to have they loving daddy around?? Too many questions going round and not knowing what we are dealing with??? How am I going to cope???

Still living day to day, trying to keep a smile on my face even though I just want to cry.

Staying strong for the moment but not too sure how much longer I can last.

Warrior Mum

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello Warrior mum, how awful for you your husband is so young, did he have an accident a year ago ? has he had a brain scan if not ask for one, you need a diagnosis, so you know what is happening to him, stay strong you have two young children to look after your life is very busy with them, l hope you soon get some news as to what is wrong with your husband, ♥♥♥

Warrior Mum

Jul 20, 2014
Cambridgeshire
Thank you for your kind words pamann.

It was Boxing Day that the symptons got worse, initally in October had some confusion however seemed to be improving and then on Boxing Day we where talking in our kitchen and I left to check on our youngest and literally 30 seconds later he was walking towards me in absolute distress and couldn't remember what had happened that morning, the day before (Xmas day) or even a couple of weeks prior, and seemed to be confused. I sent him to bed for the rest of the day and then the following morning realised that his memory had been serverely affected. Ever since that day he hasn't been able to remember anything after sleeping at night, his behaviour has become very inappropriate at times and is suffering from an intermittent stutter. He can only retain limited information and is prone to mood swings. He has even tried to keep himself awake as he doesn't want to forget. It is so distressing to see him go through this on a day to day basis. I try not to mention his condition to him unless I have too as it just gets him so distressed and it is unfair to make him aware of his ongoing, undiagnosed condition as he wants answers that I can't give him. All I can do it keep supporting and caring for him and our family.

Thank you again.

WM XxxxX

Badietta

Feb 23, 2013
Hi Sweetie

I'm still sitting here with no diagnosis after 3 years, but many of the symptoms that you're describing I understand. I'm unbelievably sorry for you because, at 34 your husband is much too young for any of this. Me and mine are still way younger than the average but we've still got 20 years on you. All I can say is fight with every bone in your body. Yes, I know it's exhausting, but it's the only way I know how to go forward. It's what I did and I forced the additional tests and now the medication which has been a revelation.

Good luck and don't give up.

Warrior Mum

Jul 20, 2014
Cambridgeshire
Thank you Badietta,

I have great admiration for you, three years and still undiagnosed. My heart goes out to you. I am struggling after nearly one year.

I'll try to stay strong and fight with every piece of my body. I'm just exhausted at the moment and with inconclusive test results feel like someone is trying to stretch my family's and my limits to the max. Did the worse thing possible and google'd all my Hubby's symotons and think I ended up frightening myself, Silly Me!!!!

Thank you again.

WM XxxxX