Forward Ho!

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I'm sure if I had been hungry, I would have realised sooner! Just not hungry. I'd popped over to daughter's in the late afternoon and had tea and biccies. Naughty!

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
What a busy day it's been! I dithered until after 11 (well, when I say dithered, I was doing a few things here, including cleaning out the chicken house. It had to be done! And I didn't do a full clean, just cleared out the old bedding and put in new. Then I decided I would go to town to get fitted for a new sports bra - the compression garment I was given was becoming uncomfortable, because although I still have some swelling, it has gone down quite a bit, so the compression bra no longer fits as snugly as it did, and was inclined to move about a bit. Anyway - off I went, and I even put some make-up on before going!! Just so as I didn't get arrested or carted off to hospital!:D Got fixed up fine, and am much more comfy. Also I bought a nice top - in a size 12! And then got a sort of jacket (but not an outerwear jacket) also in a size 12. I was so pleased with myself! I bought new nail polish too. By the time I got back to the car I was absolutely exhausted though. Our whole city centre is pedestrianised, so it was more walking than I've done this past month!

I went to see William on the way home. Got a few smiles and then a bit of quivering lip. But he was fine really. And I'm about to have tea - a chicken curry from Tesco. Way too tired to cook!

Hope you all had a reasonably good day.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
You must enjoy being so petite now. Glad you had a good, if tiring, day and that Wm is more settled.

Sent from my GT-N5110
Well, I wouldn't call myself petite - just relatively so!:D I am very perplexed by how exhausted I am though! I literally fell asleep at the table over my tea! And I could go back to sleep now. :eek:

pony-mad

May 23, 2014
Mid-Wales
You're body is using it's resources to heal itself, hence the exhaustion. Also what you have been through with William before he went into care will have taken its toll. So be kind to yourself, appreciate the things that for so long have been an unattainable dream.
This time of night with OH sound asleep beside me is the 1st time all day when I have had SPACE. And I really appreciate it.
Continue looking after yourself.
Sleep tight. Love Gx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Rathbone

May 17, 2014
West Sussex
Glad you included the detail about buying lots of new bits and pieces and adding a little makeup etc. for your trip out. When I read that you had cleaned out the chicken coop, I was straight away on the phone to Aer Lin..s as I thought you were getting just too flighty by half. But, no, just making yourself feel good - so you're off the hook. Still watching! :rolleyes:X :)

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Glad you included the detail about buying lots of new bits and pieces and adding a little makeup etc. for your trip out. When I read that you had cleaned out the chicken coop, I was straight away on the phone to Aer Lin..s as I thought you were getting just too flighty by half. But, no, just making yourself feel good - so you're off the hook. Still watching! :rolleyes:X :)

Well, that would have been nice Shelagh - cos if you'd come over to tell me off, you would have had a nice break by the sea, and could have gone to the lovely Winterval Festival in the local city (www.winterval.ie) and we could have had a high old time!:D

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Poor you, Shelagh. Fancy missing out on that. Hopefully the sun would have shone and you wouldn't have had this morning's fog to delay the flight☺. Hope you've been less tired today, LadyA.

Sent from my GT-N5110

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Poor you, Shelagh. Fancy missing out on that. Hopefully the sun would have shone and you wouldn't have had this morning's fog to delay the flight☺. Hope you've been less tired today, LadyA.

Sent from my GT-N5110
I will survive, m'dear! At least I am fortunate in that I am not being woken up several times during the night anymore, like a lot of you are.

angelface

Oct 8, 2011
london
Ah ha, now we find out where you live Lady A, and a very nice part of the world it is too:).

OH still has one or two of his family near you.They live in one of a set of 10 houses, nothing else in sight, just fields to the front, and view of mountains to the back.

Very lovely, but being a philistine, I need buses and street lights:)

Rathbone

May 17, 2014
West Sussex
Ooo now there's an idea LadyA! We would have had a high old time to be sure. How is the menagerie? Do look after yourself please. X Love Shelagh:)

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
...now there's an idea for a meet-up point next year, how many of us can you put up? I'm not sleeping in the hen house though!!:D:D:D
I have two spare rooms - one with a king sized bed and one tiny room with a single bed. I would warn you though that I am about 10km out of town!

I've never been in to the Festival! The first couple of years, I couldn't go because William wouldn't have been able for it - although the first year, I did bring him in and bring him on the road train, as he has always adored train trips! But he didn't really enjoy it, as it was crowded and he hates crowds! But that was all we did. Didn't see anything else. And now this year - well, yesterday, I found out how quickly I get exhausted. I hope that in another week or so I'll be better able. I desperately want a go on the carousel and the ferris wheel. The carousel has actually been coming here every Christmas for a lot longer than the Winterval festival has been going - it's been coming for years. And I've been dying for a go on it! It does get very crowded at times, and the hotels do special offers etc. The same guy (a local man) plays Santa Claus every year - he used to be "Santa" for a big firm here before the Festival started. He's brilliant at the job, and the hair and beard are his own! And he keeps it up through the year, if he's approached by any awestruck children (and he often is!) - he explains either that he's on holiday or that he likes to travel around himself in disguise and keep an eye on all the boys and girls to make sure they are being good! :D

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Actually, given that I snore v. loudly, I'd better wait until summer and bring my tent for the orchard! :D:D Unless Izzy's prenisilone works on my snores:rolleyes::rolleyes:

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Ta-da!! I've been back to the dressings nurse because the large dressings that were put on by the substitute nurse last week were "shifting" as I moved. I was so sore this weekend, it was plain miserable, and I ended up really depressed. I just dissolved into tears both Saturday and yesterday, over nothing really - just really tired and tired of being sore, and thinking I was never going to not be sore, and, and, and!:rolleyes: Anyway, the last straw was that as the dressings shifted, the adhesive part on them started to "roll" up under my bra-band, and then some of the adhesive stuck to the bra band at the bottom - which then stuck to my skin, causing a blister as I walked, which then burst nastily and the skin came off! Talk about painful!! So I called the nurse today and explained to her, and she said to go in and she'd take a look. So she looked - and pronounced my incisions actually pretty well healed up! So she took the dressings off altogether! And my dears - I'm nowhere near as sore! It was the flippin' dressings pulling as I moved that were causing the soreness!!

I got home about 5.30 and was (oh, deep joy and bliss, even though tinged with trepidation!) able to have a shower!! My first since the surgery on 6th November - how long ago that seems! And I got straight into a spanking new pair of pj's and dressing gown, and am cosied up since! Definitely in "Forward Ho!" mode again - I hope!

pony-mad

May 23, 2014
Mid-Wales
Oh what bliss!!!
A shower After 4 weeks the simplest things can give such pleasure. X

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point