At my wits end

Practice

Jun 3, 2013
My husband was diagnosed two years ago Recently started to get much worse with being confused, mostly in the evenings. Seems to think I have only recently moved in here, keeps saying that he used to do everything when he was on his own. Getting quite aggressive and argumentative with me. Refers to his sisters and brothers living in this house with him and that I have no right or say regarding anything in the house. Goes to visit his sister or telephones her telling her that I am being nasty to him.

He has not had any medical input for over a year - refuses to go. Ive made two appointments for him which he has failed to attend.

I am my wits end. Advice please

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
It sounds to me like you need some help here. Do you have any contact with a Social worer or the Community Mental Health Team? Have you had a Carer's Assessment? and last but not least...do you have a family or friends network around you with people you can call on if things get really rough? It is most important that YOU keep yourself safe and well.
Take care...Maureen.x

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Can you speak to your GP perhaps? I agree with Craigmaid a carers assessment sounds essential if you haven't had one done. Social services must be made aware especially if he's getting aggressive as you need to keep yourself safe and if you had to get out for your own protection they would need to step in to keep him safe. Sorry you're having such a difficult time. big hug.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

littleman

Nov 12, 2014
My husband was diagnosed two years ago Recently started to get much worse with being confused, mostly in the evenings. Seems to think I have only recently moved in here, keeps saying that he used to do everything when he was on his own. Getting quite aggressive and argumentative with me. Refers to his sisters and brothers living in this house with him and that I have no right or say regarding anything in the house. Goes to visit his sister or telephones her telling her that I am being nasty to him.

He has not had any medical input for over a year - refuses to go. Ive made two appointments for him which he has failed to attend.

I am my wits end. Advice please
Have you tried speaking to your GP and ask them to come to yours and assess him that way.
He would.not have to be told anything in advance, you could.say once the gp is there that they are wanting to speak to you and they then would be able to observe your husband.
Good luck and keep strong.

Practice

Jun 3, 2013
Thanks to you all. I saw my GP yesterday. He was blatantly not interested, more or less saying there was nothing further he could do. However, he agreed to refer him back to the memory clinic and get somebody to come in. He was discharged from the CPN after two visits last year back to the G.P. I feel there is very little support, perhaps it is worse in this area

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Thanks to you all. I saw my GP yesterday. He was blatantly not interested, more or less saying there was nothing further he could do. However, he agreed to refer him back to the memory clinic and get somebody to come in. He was discharged from the CPN after two visits last year back to the G.P. I feel there is very little support, perhaps it is worse in this area

It's awful in my area, too, if it's dementia, Practice. Hubby's just gone in today, again, suspected TIA, (by me). They'll be all over us again, in there. They couldn't do enough last time. But when he comes home again, it'll be back to out of sight, out of mind.

Bad, ain't it. I'm into my sixth year, now, with this. Thank God for the little bursts of sunshine we DO have, along the way. I'm using the time up having a bit of a clean up. It's the only chance I'm going to get.

Love and strength to you.