Just despair

cris

Aug 23, 2006
Chelmsford
My local Respite Help has just cancelled out of the blue, 1 & half hours before they are due to come. Why could they not cancel after they left on Tuesday. Respite feel they can no longer handle Susan.
Gave me a mental health nurse nr. for assessment. Nr no good. I wont go into all the nrs. that I have been 'phoning (7 so far) None any use. So back to the local council.
Need a doctors referral for assessment. Fair comment but for me just time delay and just carry-on.
I am feed-up. (mild version)
cris :(

Deeessex

Jul 16, 2007
Essex
Cris
What an awful position I empathise which is probably of little use! I hate to say it because you are clearly under pressure but at times making your desperation evident to those completling an assessment should provoke a swift response. I think it is probably entirely natural to want to do the best for your loved one but admitting you need help to do this or else you will be ill yourself often can feel a betrayal of your loved one because you have to trust another person to do all you would do. Thats not easy for any carer I wish you well
denise

cris

Aug 23, 2006
Chelmsford
Also the cynic in me thinks maybe because I would not pay the extra £10 a visit. But they would not let something like that sway judgement. Would they. Susan is not that bad.
Cris

Deeessex

Jul 16, 2007
Essex
Hi Cris
Just wondered if you had had any luck with the numbers since yesterday. The local MH community team should be able to help will send you another number which I hope is off use. Alternatively what about contacting the consultant at Broomfield. They should be able to direct you. Heres hoping
Denise

cris

Aug 23, 2006
Chelmsford
Hi Jackie, I am trying but it is something that does not happen overnight. A few weeks notice would have been more acceptable. Not 1&half hours. Still I don't expect everyone to act professionally.
Loc Alz. Soc is helping. Where would I be without them.
Susan has been exceptionally good. Perhaps she sences my distress.
cris

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m so sorry you`ve been messed about cris, and have been trying to think of a worthwhile response since you first posted.

But the whole business is totally demoralizing.

Love xx

cris

Aug 23, 2006
Chelmsford
It is not your fault Sylvia. No need to apologise. A weeks notice would not really have been acceptable. If a crisis / emergency happens I think we are all understanding and can adapt. I do not feel I have had a honest reasonable reason. They are supposed to be professionals, I do not think they have acted professionally. I got by before without them, I'll get by again.
cris.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
That`s what they want cris, for you to get by without them.

They should have discussed their concerns with you before making any decision, not thrown it at you without warning. I would be inclined to complain bitterly, in writing, to whoever is involved.

Shortage of funds, shortage of staff, any other excuse `they` can come up with are just not good enough.

Is this another opportunity to inform Ivan Lewis what is happening to younger people with AD. It`s not only about the elderly and the more politicians have that drummed home to them the better chance we have of a solution.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy Mayor