A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
How wonderful to read about your plans, Sylvia and Helen. :) It sounds out of this world.

What a nuisance about the blinking passport, Sylvia. I hope Paul's contribution will be OK. Love to you both.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I thought it couldn't be a relative Sylvia but perhaps it has changed I know we have always signed for our neighbours' passports and they for out's.

What a cufuffle! I'm glad the sea had a calming effect on a stressful morning.

I need a new passport but think I will wait awhile.

What a wonderful way to pass the Winter, in anticipation and preparation for this holiday. x

Sent from my iPod touch using Talking Point mobile app

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
No it can`t be a relative to countersign Saffie. My neighbour countersigned and messed up. Paul filled the form in for me to save eye strain for me.

I hope you are feeling a little better.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Good morning all. It is so heart-warming to receive all your good wishes. You are right about it helping to get us through the winter.
Jan, that Mary Poppins umbrella always makes me smile. I think it has been involved in all of this :D.
I saw the renal consultant on Tuesday and she helped me with what to do should I get Delhi belly. Which tablets to stop and which to start. She said I could ring her with any questions or worries before we go and she will get back to me. I am so delighted with how my medical team now operate.

Love

mulhuis

Mar 27, 2009
Kent
Hi Sylvia,
Gayna and I are just renewing our passports. You do not need a counter signature on renewal if you can see the likeness between old and new pictures. You do not need to get form counter signed either if it is a renewal.

flowerpot

Jul 27, 2010
Rural North Northumberland
Sylvia and Helen how wonderful. :) This is all so exciting and I'm so pleased that I decided to try and have a catch up this morning. Unfortunately I don't come on here much these days but think about you all! This is about as far as I've got as I think it's so wonderful especially with what you have both been through. Good luck with all the planning which I find is as good as the holiday with all the anticipation :) India is a place my oh and I would love to visit so will look forward to updates when I can. Take care both of you xxxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you Flowerpot. I hope life is becoming a little easier for you too.

My passport is on it`s way to be renewed. :)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hi Sylvia,
Gayna and I are just renewing our passports. You do not need a counter signature on renewal if you can see the likeness between old and new pictures. You do not need to get form counter signed either if it is a renewal.

Thanks mulhuis. :) You are right. I found out the hard way. :roll eyes:. Never mimd it`s on it`s way.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
You can always buy your shalwaar etc when you get to India, but I suspect they will be blissfully comfortable to fly in. I don't know if you have seen the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel film.... I think it is fabulous....anyway Judi Dench wears some beautiful local style outfits in that. I've decided that if I ever need a new "black Tie" outfit I'm off up to the west end of Newcastle to the sari shops....made to measure :)eek:) and guaranteed never to see another one like it in the shops...what more could a girl want.:rolleyes::D:D(...ok thirty years and 4 stones off..6 inches added the legs and all the droopy bits put back in place!!:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D)

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Can't wait for Marigold hotel on TV, and I heard there's a sequel on the way. Judi Dench mentioned it, and said they had a lot of fun making it.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Sylvia I'm reading the book on my kindle just now. It's a bit different from the film. It's seems quite good though and I'm glad the story is a bit different to the film as it's keeping me reading!

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I'm sure I will see the film differently now.

In my quest to get fit I swam 50 lengths today. I might swim in the Ganges. Xx

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Hi Sylvia and Helen,

Not on often these days but just delighted to read of your upcoming adventure. It is so true that we don't know where life will take us...in the darkest days of dealing with Mum I never guessed I would end up here!

Sylvia, you are looking wonderful in the photos. The stresses you had been carrying seem to have dropped away. You look fantastic.

Hope you both have an awesome time,

Love

Mameeskye

Status
Not open for further replies.