Advise please

Kobiandmillie

Jan 4, 2014
Hi there my mum was diagnosed with vascular dementia 3 weeks ago signs have all been there for about 5 years but iv noticed over the last few days she is in bed all day is this a stage I'm so unsure of what is going on :confused:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Kobiandmillie

It sounds as if your mum is depressed and having difficulty getting to grips with her diagnosis. If you can`t encourage her to get up it might help if you discuss this with her GP.

Kobiandmillie

Jan 4, 2014
It sounds as if your mum is depressed and having difficulty getting to grips with her diagnosis. If you can`t encourage her to get up it might help if you discuss this with her GP.

Thanx my poor mum does seem so sad I visit every day when I fin work but I can watch her on 2 monitors that r installed in the house when I visit usually about tea time I make her dinner and always a cheesecake after watch a bit of telly then shower and Jimjams on cuppa In between I do the washing and change bed etc then I say goodnight but the minute I go she back in bed only to be up several times through the night for toilet or anxiety attacks she doesn't have any carers as we still awaiting the c p n visit to which I don't know what happens no medication either I call in morning she tells me she been out and she hasn't she gets up top n tails dressed then back to bed x

Kobiandmillie

Jan 4, 2014
We'll today was different mum gets up after a restless night tops n tails as I give her shower at night time she gets dressed goes to the hairdressers gets hair done does not pay then home to bed till I go at tea time and present dinner and in return I get some nasty words pushed my way and have a hairdresser after me for money what a day x