Missing in Battle Sussex

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Hi Louise,

Although my sister and I live within 10 minutes of my Mum and Dad, my other sister lives in Athens, and I know how difficult she finds the distance, and of course feels guilty that she is not here when things go wrong. Last Saturday for example I couldn't ring her to tell her Dad had gone missing as she would have been out of her mind. I rang her when he turned up.

I'm sorry to hear about your Mum. If you look through some of the other threads on here there have been lots of people who have faced the same dilemna about moving parents to live near them.

My mum at 77 is my Dad's main carer, and although like your Dad she is pretty fit, she has her own health problems, and wouldn't have been able to cope without help.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Hello Louise and Ann, I just wanted to say that you and your family are not forgotten. I had to back off from almost everything useful in the last few weeks as I started, two new (part time) jobs in the first week of September, which has been a tidy shock to my system, after months and months of hanging around in limbo.

However, I did see the article in the Mirror and kept a copy, and have had a picture of John pasted to the window of my car for several weeks. It does attract attention and enquiries. I also sent the poster to a few more contacts at the end of August. I will try to think of new avenues to explore. Love Deborah

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Last night I was wondering too. It was after reading a post about a grandmother missing for 4 hours.

Tamariu

Jul 28, 2007
Winchester
Sorry guys, I haven't been on the boards so much recently. I find it hard. I really want to bring you some good news ... or even just some news. But there's nothing to tell. Three months on and there's no sign of John. Now, to be honest, I don't think there ever will be and so I need to strike the balance between keeping in touch, while not boring you with "no news" posts. Of course, if there is any news - positive or negative - I'll let you know as soon as I hear it. If there isn't, would you like me to post to let you know there's nothing new (and if so, how often), or would you prefer that this topic goes on the back burner until there is something to report?

Ann

okmurrays

Oct 17, 2007
kelowna, bc, canada
Hello.
I've only just seen this thread, and I feel for all concerned.
Personally I would like to hear the - hopefully positive - outcome.
It could so easily be my dad.
My thoughts are with you.

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Ann I think as much as anything we want you to know we haven't forgotten you and your family.

Post when you feel like it and know that we are all here if you need us.

Love Linda x

cannuck

Aug 5, 2007
Canada
Hello again,

It has been so much time...and yet sadly no news. I have come to much the same thoughts as you have, as you know. Thank you Ann for all that you have done and all your updates...it has been difficult.

I am thinking of you too and all of the family, of course.
Keep in touch.

Love Louise XO

cannuck

Aug 5, 2007
Canada
Forgot to mention that I don't think I will be returning to the site as issues with my mum require my attention. Thanks to Sue for her replies. The MRI was negative.

Louise

Tamariu

Jul 28, 2007
Winchester
John's body has been found

I promised to post as soon as I had any news.

A little earlier this afternoon I learnt that John's body has been found. I don't know many details yet. What I can tell you is that the Sussex police were doing a training exercise and decided to use John's case as part of this. During the exercise they came across John's body somewhere off a track/footpath. My understanding is that it wasn't too far from his home, but was not in the usual area where he would walk.

I'm hoping to get more details over the next few days and will let you know what I find out. Although it's very sad news, I can't help feeling relieved that John has finally been found. At least we know now.

I'll write again as soon as I know more.

Ann

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Dear Ann

I'm so sorry to hear this news. Not unexpected and I can see that on one level there must be relief, but so very sad for you all.

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
I'm so sorry to hear it has happened this way.

Thanks for letting us know. Please pass our commiserations to all his family.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Ann,
I`m so sorry it ended this way, but didn`t really expect anything else. I`m sure you didn`t either.
Thank you for letting us know.
Please accept my sincere condolences.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Ann, I'm sorry it has ended this way, and I offer you my sympathy.

I'm sure it will in some ways be a relief that at last the agony of not knowing is at an end, though terribly sad that a life should end in that way.

angela.robinson

Dec 27, 2004
so sorry Ann.as others have said ,it was to be expected , and probably a huge relief that he has been found, the alternatives did not bear thinking about, John Has never been far from my thoughts, thank you for taking the time to update us ,
take care.
stay strong .
Angela.

okmurrays

Oct 17, 2007
kelowna, bc, canada
Deepest sympathies, but I suppose at least now you have an answer.

Awful situation, and I genuinely sympathise. The whole time I've been thinking, it could be my dad.

Keep strong, thinking of you.