when to stop feeding

Chutty31

May 20, 2014
My husband is having problems with his bowels at the moment ,he eats very little ,is only 70 it is the first time I have heard him say he is fed up ,he has supplements will he carry on he is a a good weight 13stone , I can't bear to see him suffering so much

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

loza

Jul 4, 2013
emotional

Iam very sad for you its a lonley road but be strong , iam on the same rd my father has lost his swallow and has not eaten for 3 weeks he has went down hill and I cant see him getting back he was an raf man and very intellectual now just a shell iam the only one left and I live 65 miles from hospital and it breaks my heart to see him like this I understand its very hard but god is with you and your mother I hope you find the strength , god bless

This is such a long hard road, 24 hours sat at her bedside just trying to keep her comfy. although she is on regular paracetamol suspension, pain sweeps thro her, she only gets the diamorph in the morn even thou she can have it up to 6 times a day when I ask about the pain thay just look blank and say ohh i dont know, but pushing her head down into the pillow and shaking would indicate to me that she has a pain going through her in waves. They are not going to give her fresbin as this is for recovery and there is no recovery programe for dementia...as yet.
It breaks my heart to sit there hour after hour and as I have a 9 year old who was fearfull pf comin home to the situation I have made a decision that mums last weeks/days cant take over family life we have to have a care/life balance, she has had a good life and would not want to have an impact on a childs life.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Ioza-your Mum shouldn't be in pain. If the CH is not listening to you please call your Mum's GP direct and ask for help.

MirandaT

Jul 19, 2010
Spain
Either the GP or the district nurse - they're sometimes easier to get hold of? My mum had phases of 'juddering' during her last days, but it didn't look as if it was painful for her, more an involuntary reaction. It was a bit scary to see, but the GP said it wouldn't be hurting her. It's lovely that you are able to spend time with her, but make sure you get home too - I just spent 10 days at mum's care home while she passed, and in retrospect it was a bit long (for me). I don't know your mum but I'm sure she would want you to balance your time there with home life. Thinking of you, there's nothing really to say that makes this time easier for us, but it too will pass.