Last Nights Pride of South Devon awards

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Hiya, we had such a good night last night at the Herald Express Newspaper Pride of South Devon Awards as a Nominee, and it was so humbling to be amongst Young Hero`s (the tears were flowing) Hero`s over 18+, community fundraisers and people who have spent the best part of 40 years + helping others and making Torbay and South Devon a better place to live!!
One of the categories was called "Editors Choice" where the editor had to pick just one of the Nominee`s from all who were there for their work in South Devon. I cannot believe i won this !!!! I was in Total shock and when asked for a comment after i was just lost for words, except to say the immortal words,
"" This is not for me, but for all those touched by this awful disease"!!!"""
There so many Brave and wonderful people there and it was a huge honour to be in their company, it was also a very late night and even though i slept most of the afternoon i wasn't too well during the night, but it was oh so worth it!!
I was also lucky enough to be nominated for a Lifetime Achievement Award, which i am so proud to say i came runner up, and the winner was ??
A NORMANDY VETERAN AND QUITE RIGHTLY SO !!!!
Thank you so very much for all your suppoort and best wishes, so much respect to you all, Norrms and family , PICS to come soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2197alexandra

Oct 28, 2013
Sileby
Well done norms completely deserving. X a nice end to a not so good week. X

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Talking Point mobile app

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon

Attachments

• IMG_2757.jpg
    IMG_2757.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 337